Complaint Review: Carfax Vehicle History Service

• Reported By: Whitehall Ohio
  • Carfax Vehicle History Service
    5860 Trinity Parkway Suite 600 Centreville Virginia 20120
    Internet

Carfax Vehicle History Service Failure to respond to refund request Centerville, Virginia Internet

*Author of original report: Resolved

I was like everyone else wanting to make sure a used vehicle would be a good purchase. In comes a saviour Carfax. I thought this company would have valueble information about vehicles. The reports are not as complete as one would hope for.

So I requested a refund, I haven't received a confirmation or any type of reponse to my email. So I dedcided to track down a phone number to call which was not too easy. I located them through the Secretary of State in Virginia.

I called and they do not have a consumer customer service, but plenty of sales lines. I was able to speak to someone who confirmed that the only way to contact Consumer Customer Service is by email and was told to submit my request again.

I have and still nothing, so I lodged a compliant with the BBB and from their information I was able to get another email address which I made my request for refund again and this time I got an animated response:

CARFAX has received your inquiry by email. Our standard business hours are 9 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time.

WE ARE EXPERIENCING MUCH HIGHER THAN NORMAL MESSAGE VOLUME RESULTING IN DELAYED RESPONSES. YOUR ISSUE IS IMPORTANT TO US AND WILL BE RESPONDED TO AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE IN THE ORDER IT WAS RECEIVED. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY DELAY.

NOTE: SENDING MULTIPLE MESSAGES CAUSES ADDITIONAL RESPONSE DELAYS SO YOUR PATIENCE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
***Please do not respond to this message. This is an automated message acknowledgement.***

After this email I have contacted my local media asking if this company has been investigated. I should have done my research before using Carfax.

But this do not mean I am not pursuing my refund. $39.99 ran one report not satisfied.

George
Whitehall, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2009 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carfax-vehicle-history-service/internet/carfax-vehicle-history-service-failure-to-respond-to-refund-request-centerville-virginia-475333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Resolved

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

After submitting a copy of the complaint to Carfax, I received an email 2 hours later and the funds were replaced back on my Visa. All I can say is stand your ground, and use all the resources available to you and you too will have a positive resoultion.

Copy of email:

Mr. Simpson:

Thank you for your email.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your emailed requests for refund. The automated message we send to all consumers is in attempts to inform valued consumers like you that we're experiencing unusually high-volume, not purposefully ignoring requests and is why we have not responded to you sooner, not by our choice.

As requested, a refund has been processed to you and the credit should be returned to you within 5-7 business days and we hope this resolves the matter with you.

Please feel free to contact me at the below number if you have any further questions. We honestly care about our valued customers and including those like you who request a refund from us.

Respectfully,