Complaint Review: Caribbean Cruise Lines

• Submitted: Thu, November 19, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, November 29, 2009
  • Reported By: Joey — Lucasville Ohio U.S.A.
  • Caribbean Cruise Lines

Internet
    United States of America

Caribbean Cruise Lines Want credit card info over phone. one-time offer. SCAM! Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Here's the facts about BESM

This company contacted me after I was filling out surveys and such for a website. They called my cell phone several times a day for about a week until I finally was able to answer it this morning. (They had called while i was at work the other times in which i could not answer it) They sent me to their website www.caribbeancl.com while I was on the phone and explained this extravagant cruise that myself and one other person would take. He kept making conversation with me to keep me at ease and told me the only thing I have to pay for is the tax that the government charges for citizens leaving the country. Which came to about $50/person. I am glad I no longer believe these great sounding deals. I went in thinking it was a scam and came out knowing it was. After about 20 minutes he asked what kind of card I was going to use. I told him VISA (just to see what was next). He then asked if I have a middle initial on the card. i stumbled around and didn't answer him directly. He preceded to ask if the number started with a 4. I then told him I don't feel comfortable sharing my credit card information over the phone. He kept pushing for the information and saying that it was a one-time deal and he could not secure the cruise for me unless he had my credit card information right away due to limited number of available tickets. He also kept telling me all these things about how they could not have Carmen Elektra as a spokeswoman on their site if it was not a real offer. I continued to deny him the information and he promptly gave up saying "I'm sorry I could not secure this offer for you. Have a nice day" (click). I got under his skin I know because I was wasting his time. I was on the phone for about a half hour with him.

The phone number was (954)351-0087
He said his name was Raphael Rayas or something. Corporate ID: 9433
showed up as a Florida number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2009 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/caribbean-cruise-lines/internet/caribbean-cruise-lines-want-credit-card-info-over-phone-one-time-offer-scam-internet-525732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Here's the facts about BESM

AUTHOR: WitchDoctor - (USA)

I worked at Brett Zimmerman's office selling these cruises until the day before thanksgiving 2008. These are outbound calls that are calling people until 10:30 pm eastern time, well beyond normal business hours which enrages many people because of the nature of the call and time of the night. When I was at this office last year we were selling the Imperial Majesty Cruises aboard the Regal Empress, a cruise ship built in the early 1950's. The whole time I was there I kept hearing about this "NEW" ship. BESM only charged $498.00 for the 2 day 2 night cruise and the extended stay vacation package. The exact same vacation Jacki Sheaffer charged $898.00 for. The pitch was written so that the "rep" filled the victim I mean customers head with this painted picture of a dream Bahamas vacation of a lifetime. Like this was the only 5 star cruise to Nassau and any other cruise was second rate. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I seen the ship in Port Everglades and it was the worst of the fleet. It was old and in bad shape and was sent to Houston after hurricane Ike to house displaced hurricane victims.

During the sales pitch, which took about 15 minutes to complete, we would tell the victim I mean customer about the extended stay vacation because that is what we were trying to sell, not the free cruise. We would include a $50.00 match play certificate for casino chips and Universal studios tickets for 2 to sweeten the deal to get them to buy. Whether or not the victim I mean customers actually got the bonuses remains to be seen, I highly doubt it knowing the nature of Ramada Plaza Resorts. Working in Brett's office was a typical boiler room operation, my first ever experience in that line of work. It was loud, high pressured, stressful, and degrading. Not only was the people I was working for asses, but so were most of the people I was calling because they didn't want to be bothered during dinner which I can't blame them for. Unlike Jacki's office BESM actually paid you for the deals you sold so the pay was always right. But the Persona non-Grata attitude of the managers who thought they were better than everyone was laughable.

The TO's (Take Over Managers) would listen in on the "reps" calls and would finish the deal when the "reps" could not close the deal. They would not take no for an answer and would hound the victim I mean customer until they gave the TO a credit card number or hung up. These guys are sharks, they will lie, cheat, and steal to get the credit card if that's what it takes. Watching these guys taught me about telemarketers and now I hang up on them immediately when I get a sales call. This poor victim of Brett Zimmerman's shyster did the right thing by hanging up. I stronly advise everyone to stay away from winyourcruise.com or any free cruise related website or survey that gives away a free cruise, because it's not free. As far as the "NEW" ship is concerned, it's the former 1980 built Princess Reinhold, a ferry that was from Norway. For more information on this so called cruise ship go to http://www.cruisecritic.com and read about the thug boat.