Report: #1204407

• Reported By: JaxNYC — New York City New York
  • Carmax Autofinance

Internet
    USA

Carmax Autofinance Completely Ignorant with NO Concern for Customers Kennesaw, GA Internet

I have had more issues with Carmax Autofinance than I can even describe.  The issues started a few months ago when they reported a late payment to the credit bureaus that wasn't late at all.  On my credit report, it says "over 30 days late," when my payment was absolutely on time.  I am jumping through hoops trying to get that removed.  They aren't being helpful at all.  They keep trying to brush me off when I call to talk to them about it.  I even had one rep hang up on me.

Also, I just moved from Texas to New York state, and I have to get my car registered in NY.  I called them to have them send me a certified copy of my title, and a certified permission letter (which is required in the state of NY to register your vehicle).  I called two days later to make sure that they sent exactly what I needed in the mail.  They absolutely assured me that they did.  A week later, I get a piece of paper in the mail that has our loan agreement on it.  I call them back to let them know that they sent me the wrong paperwork and repeated to them what I needed.  They assured me that they would overnight the paperwork.  (I am getting dangerously close to the deadline to register my vehicle according to the date my insurance flipped to NY.)  Three business days later, I call them back to see why I haven't received my paperwork.  They say that they have no record of me calling and asking for any paperwork.  Now I have 3 business days left to register my vehicle.  They assure me again that they will overnight the paperwork out that day...I will recieve it the next day.  Two more days go by.  I call them again, because it is the last day to register my vehicle.  AGAIN they tell me they have no record of me calling in.  Now I have to call my insurance company to change the effective date on my insurance because the state of NY won't register my vehicle.  That will take another week to update and get that paperwork in the mail.  Honestly, I don't think Carmax Autofinance will ever actually send me the paperwork that I need, so my car is illegal and I may never be able to drive it again.  My inspection is out of date in TX, so my car has been off the road for a month and I can't do anything about it because I can't register it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2015 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carmax-autofinance/internet/carmax-autofinance-completely-ignorant-with-no-concern-for-customers-kennesaw-ga-interne-1204407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content