Complaint Review: Carmax Tampa

• Reported By: Tampa Florida
  • Carmax Tampa
    Nebraska Ave
    Tampa, Florida

Carmax buys your car for way less than it is worth Tampa Florida

I went to Carmax to look at small trucks. I wanted to trade my 8 year old GM passenger van with 102,000 miles.

I test drove an 8 year old import truck ( 4 cyl, 5pd, a/c, no power options). The bed was painted poorly and I pointed it out to the salesperson. He told me that Carmax paints alot of their vehicles.

I was offered $1200 for my van (V6, auto, fr and rear a/c, 7 pass). The comment on the appraisal stated that since it was almost 9 years old with 102k miles it was worth $ 1200.00.

KBB says the trade value was over $3000.00.

I took my keys back and asked the salesperson about the low offer and he said they have their own system. I then asked him about the poorly painted almost 9 year old truck I just drove for $10,000.What system did they use for that?

People need to look past the advertising and understand they are a used car dealer identical to all the other used car dealers...... only with bigger smiles and nice blue shirts.

Chuck
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2008 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carmax-tampa/tampa-florida/carmax-buys-your-car-for-way-less-than-it-is-worth-tampa-florida-394252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content