Complaint Review: CarMax
CarMax CNA National Warrantly Corporation CarMax sold me a defective Volvo 2007 and failed to honor the warranty Escondido, California
1. On 12/10/2012 I financed a 2007 Volvo (51K miles) for $22,172.32. Purchas price of 2007 volvo was $18,088.88 with an APR 5.25% and finance charge of 3083.44. My payment schedule is $294.06 @ 72 months.
2. I elected the Optional Vehicle Service Contract (CNA National Warrantly Corporation) for $1,559.00.
3. The CarMax dealer informed me that I must have my 2007 Volvo serviced at a Carmax repair facility and/or at an automobile repair shop that has ASE certifications. My normal auto mechanic (Bob Brown's Automotive Svcs Inc; phone 619-286-1022) is ASE certified and Mr. Brown had previously serviced two of my previous Volvols.
4. In March 2014 my 2007 Volvo needed to pass California's strict smog inspections. I took my car to Bob Browns for routine repairs and to address any issues that may fail the pending smog inspections. Bob Brown certified that my 2007 Volvo would pass smog testing. My 2007 Volvo passed the smog inspection test.
5. Arnound June 2014 I replaced a dead battery. After replacing the battery I noticed trouble errors on my indicator panel, however the LEDs/lights would return to normal after the car was running (approximately 2 min).
6. During the week of August 18-25 2014, I noticed my car running sluggish, losing power. I replaced the air-filter. On August 26,2014 I observed and oil light and simutaneously I started losing power/compression. I immediately took my 2007 volvo to Bob Brown's Auto.
7. Bob Brown's automotive ran a omputer Diagnosis level 2 test that produced a diagnostic code P0305. During additional troubleshooting Bob brown found #5 cyclinder spark plug fouled and broke. The mechanic replaced #5 spark plug however the Code P0305 came back. He recommend that the engine needs overhauled or replaced.
8. I called CarMax's warranty phone number 888-882-0200 to acquire warranty instructions and processes. They informed me that the engine had to be dismantled to determine if negligent in maintenance was the faul. They also explained the $300 deductible and the consquences of their inspector's report.
9. Bob Brown's Automotive does not dismantle automobiles. Therefore I had to find a replacement ASE automobile repair facility that would dismantle my 2007 Volvo.
10. On 9/4/2014 I authorized West Cajon Automotive & transmission (619-440-4044) to dismantle the Volvo 2007 at $1600. The Carmax warranting inspectors should up during the week of september 15, 2014 and determined that a foreign substance had entered my engine and disintegrated. Both ASE automechanics (Bob Brown's automotive & West Cajon Automotive) informed me that the disintegrated particle would have left marks on the turbo charger blades. My turbo charger did not have any fiscal evidence of entry.
11. Owing CarMax $14,000 on the 2007 Volvo, financing two inspections ($600) and currently billed for $1600 dismantling and portentially $10, 000 for a replaced engine; I am force to declare bankrupcty. the 2007 volvo is currently dismantled and stowed at West Cajon Automotive & Transmission. CarMax is only concerned about receiving the monthly payments and full insurance coverage.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2014 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carmax/nationwide/carmax-cna-national-warrantly-corporation-carmax-sold-me-a-defective-volvo-2007-and-faile-1180491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: