Complaint Review: Carnival Cruise Line (CCL)

• Submitted: Sat, August 20, 2016
  • Updated: Sat, August 20, 2016
  • Reported By: SteveS1013 — Miami Gardens Florida USA
  • Carnival Cruise Line (CCL)
    3655 NW 87th Avenue
    Doral, Florida
    USA

Carnival Cruise Line (CCL) CCL Carnival Travel Insurance Scam Doral Florida

I signed up for cruise with Carnival Cruise for myself and my family for July 2 - 9th on Glory on 04/16//2016. This cruise cost me almost $3000.

When I spoke to the sales rep I informed her I had cirrhosis of the liver and may have to cancel in the event a liver became available for transplant. and she recommended I take the travel insurance. I asked the sales rep if I would get 100% of my money back if I did get called for a transplant and she told me I would. So I took the travel insurance where normally I would not waste my money on insurance. I was called June 2nd and the operation was performed on June 3rd, one month before my cruise was to depart.

My Dr. advised me NOT to leave the country for a min of 3 months because something could happen, there would be no specialists around who knew my case and I needed to be monitored very carefully following the transplant. I cancelled the cruise as soon he made the decision.

I put a claim in with the insurance to have my money returned to me. My claim was denied to some bulls* technically. Now they want to give me a credit of 75% of $ 1975 bal for a future cruise. I was informed I would get 100% of my money back if this situation occurred. Carnival is a multibillion dollar company and they are trying to screw me out of my own money because of your greed.

I paid for the cruise in FULL by April 23 and now that I put a claim in for my own money CCL is attempting to steal my money from me because some lawyer comes up with technicalities to not pay me what is MINE.

Mine is a very unusual case as I was told that a new liver would not be available for 12-24 months. A 30 year old male died in a car accident and it matched my old liver so I jumped at the opportunity. Livers are very hard to come by and you have to count your blessing when they occur.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2016 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carnival-cruise-line-ccl/doral-florida-33178-2428/carnival-cruise-line-ccl-ccl-carnival-travel-insurance-scam-doral-florida-1323578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content