Complaint Review: Carnival-Inspiration

Landover, Mary Land
  • Phone: 800-929-6400
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

I recently went on a Carnival Cruise on the Inspiration that left Tampa 12/18. Upon my arrival home, I noticed that my checkbook and a pair of brand new very expensive shoes had been missing. I know for 100% Fact that I had packed my shoes the night before because it was the only night I wore them and the rest of my outfit made it. My checkbook was in a purse/bag next to my bed the whole time and my mother even commented as to why I would bring that. I left it in the bag by accident. I should of put it in the safe. I called Carnival to report this to a manager named Pauline and she pretty much told me they would fill out a lost and found report and that was all that could be done. Bottom line I don't care about the shoes I can buy a new pair. However, they told me they were not responsible for theft. Well in my opinion they are because they hire the people that can get away with stealing whatever they want. I will never go on a cruise again. There are to many people that go in my room. If you want to go on a cruise make sure you don't bring anything worth anything. The customer service people also told me I would get a response back in writing. Thanks but no thanks. I imagine it will tell me they can't locate the items. BIG SURPRISE!! They were not only not helpfull, but very rude. STAY AWAY FROM CARNIVAL!

PS: A guy at my table ate a piece of glass in his salad. His mouth was bleeding and he had to get medical attention. It made me not want to eat on the rest of the cruise.

Jessica
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2006 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carnival-inspiration/landover-mary-land-20785-2256/carnival-inspiration-stolen-items-carnival-cruise-lines-tampa-florida-227934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

In-room safe

AUTHOR: Shawangunk - (U.S.A.)

You admit that you should have put your checkbook in the safe. This is precisely why Carnival provides a private safe in every stateroom. It is no one's fault but your own that you chose to leave valuable items lying around unsecured in your stateroom.

It also puzzles me why you would bring your checkbook at all. Carnival ships are completely "cash-free" -- the only way to buy anything on-board is with your sign-n-sail card as they do not accept checks, cash, credit cards, or any other payment. The only time you'd need some other form of payment is when visiting the ports of call -- and I highly doubt they'd accept your personal checks anyway.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Accusing someone of theft?

AUTHOR: Chris - (Canada)

I am afraid that there is not enough proof here. You are accusing an employee of theft without any proof that these items were taken while on the cruise. These allegations are dangerous and unfair.

You are indeed offered a safe to keep your valuables in and your shoes could have been misappropraited at the airport while your bags were being checked by airport security. Did you check your airline's lost and found?

There are so many bags being moved off that Ship and onto that Ship on turn around day that your bags would never be in a position where someone could open them, remove an item, and then repack your bag without being seen by about 30 other crew members.

It is unfortunate that you lost your items but the responsibility to keep your items safe is yours.

All the best,
Chris

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Accusing someone of theft?

AUTHOR: Chris - (Canada)