Complaint Review: Carolina Storage

• Carolina Storage
    6789 Market Street
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    USA

Carolina Storage 3 Separate Incidents of Damages to Motorhome - They say "Not Liable" Wilmington North Carolina

I placed my 39 foot motorcoach in storage with this company to "protect" it.  I drove it into a secure, fenced area, and left it.  Over the course of two years, my motorcoach was hit by other renters (who placed boats, trucks, etc.) on three separate occasions (not including the numerous dents from rocks where the lawnmower threw rocks against the lower portion of the coach).  On one occassion (the first one) I mentioned it to them, and they called one of te renters (a lady with a boat trailer) and she admitted to hitting my coach.  She paid the $550 to repair the damage.

Then, when I went back to use my coach another time, I found not one, but two more dents, and immediately went to the office on the property. I told the manager "I put my coach inside your facility to "protect" it, and now it's been hit three tmes, plus has lots of rock pit marks all along the coach. [continued below]....

....."  He said, "We're not responsible!" I told him, I want my money back.  I'm not leaving my coach here anymore."  The manager said, "You can't have a refund", but I recieved a check for $140, I believe it was, to reflect the remaining time on the contract.

I took my coach to get an estimate on what it would cost to fix the damage, and called the manager.  He said, "I'm not paying it.  We don't have insurance to cover your coach.  Just on our facilities."

So, I had to pay the $750 myself.

If you are wise, you'll steer clear of these rip-off artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carolina-storage/wilmington-north-carolina-28405/carolina-storage-3-separate-incidents-of-damages-to-motorhome-they-say-not-liable-wil-1102650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content