Complaint Review: cash advance america

USA
  • Phone: 206-453-0126
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

cash advance america "aka" american advance scam!!! washington district of columbia Internet

I applied for a consolidated debt loan thru this company for $1500. The people I talked to were of forein descent, Inda/Pakastan speaking.I first talked to someone named "Kevin" and he said i would need a $100 security deposit, but that would be returned to me when the loan was put into my bank, making it a total of $1600. He lead me to believe that I needed that amount in my checking account so they could transfer the funds directly to the account. When I had the $100 I called them and they told me they needed the money to be on a "greendot/moneygram card" I got that! Before I gave them the number I asked if there would be any other fees because I didnt have anymore money to give and he assured me that there were NO other fees that the $100 was all I would need to secure the loan! When I gave him the number on the greendot card he said it would be 20 minutes to make sure the money was there, i could hang up or wait on the phone, i waited. He said the $1600 would be in my bank within 20-25 minutes and if it wasnt there to call him back.

I waited for an hour to make sure to give enough time and checked my account and there was no money! I called "kevin" back and got his voicemail, i left him a message. I gave him an hour to call back and he didnt. I checked my bank account again and still No Money! I called back again and this time I got someone named "Steven", who sounded just like "kevin". He said that they released the money to be put into my account but that since my credit score was so low, when the said they didnt do a credit it check, that my bank requires an additonal $150 security deposit so they can deposit it into my bank.

When I told them that I wanted my $100 back they said they couldnt give it back to me unless I paid the other $150 which they would deposit it all into my checking account for a total of $1750. I have called the attorney general along with the news stations and I let "Greendot" know what they are using their cards for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2013 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cash-advance-america/internet/cash-advance-america-aka-american-advance-scam-washington-district-of-columbia-intern-1108530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content