Complaint Review: Cautivadora Ltd

• Cautivadora Ltd
    40 Wall Street, 28th Floor
    New York, New York
    USA

Cautivadora Ltd Janeen Jones Living Social - Folding Hammock RipOff New York New York

On July 15th, I purchased two online discount codes from Living Social to redeem for two folding hammocks from Cautivadora.  There was no charge card payment option but instead only an Amazon payment option and payment by Money Order.  I attempted to purchase using the Amazon payment option but it was very confusing so finally opted to pay by Money Order.  The confirmation screen that appeared indicated that the discount voucher had been applied so I proceeded with the purchase.  The email confirmation indicated the purchase to be for the full price and not the discounted price.

I attempted to call their customer service line but was unable to get through and left several messages which were never returned.  I spoke to the representatives at Living Social and they stated that they'd followup with Cautivadora for me.  They replied to contact them via email and I did get a response and reference to Q&A's which answered the full charge question.  I was inquiring about the money order process to which they stated in writing to mail my money order to the company c/o Janeen Jones at a P.O. Box 156, in Brooklyn, NY.  That was odd since the company's business address is on Wall Street.  When asked they stated that they'd ship the products upon receipt of payment so I went ahead and mailed the money order to the instructed address. I had no idea I was going to get ripped off, especially since I've purchased before through Living Social.

Today, I received an email stating that the correct address should be the Wall Street address but responded that I already sent the payment to the Brooklyn P.O. Box.  They responded again that the correct address is the Wall Street address to which I stated that they should take responsibility for their instructions to send payment to the Brooklyn address.  They have not responded and I'm sure they are hoping that I'll be stupid enough to send another payment to their "correct" address.  I am not sending additional payments to them and feel that under their instructions I've satisfied their requirements but judging from the other posts, won't be expecting receipt of the products.  I'm glad that I didn't send them a personal check which would have been worse.  Unfortunately, now having seen numerous postings against this company, I will be pursuing reimbursement of my online voucher purchase through my Visa account.

Generally, I check out any site before making any online purchase but put faith in Living Social to deal with legitimate companies.  I was wrong and now am out money because of it.  I won't be dealing with Living Social going forward and will let everyone of my friends know that they should stop too because of my incident and other that I have read about on this site.  Thank you for providing the consumer a means to share their bad experiences and to warn those unknowing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 11:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cautivadora-ltd/new-york-new-york-10005/cautivadora-ltd-janeen-jones-living-social-folding-hammock-ripoff-new-york-new-york-1074355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content