Complaint Review: Cellular One

• Cellular One
    cellularoneusa.com
    Nationwide

Cellular One ripoff Carol Stream Illinois

I have a statewide plan with Cellular One, because I ordinarily do not travel out of state. However, my husband and I recently took a trip to Atlantic City, New Jersey. I called to check on my 2 young children, whom we apart from for the first time ever, multiple times before we left the state, and multiple times after we returned to PA. I never made a phone call from outside of PA, But when I got my bill, I was charged for roaming!

When I called Cellular One to dispute the charges, they told me that sometimes you just never know what towers will pick up your calls, and that mine showed that I made the calls from Maryland! I told them that I had been nowhere near Maryland at any time, and they did take the charges off of my bill "as a one time courtesy". In the process they made me feel as though I was lying about where I had been just to get out of paying. I just wanted to make others aware of my experience, in case the same thing happens to them.

Anonymous
Butler, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2007 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cellular-one/nationwide/cellular-one-ripoff-carol-stream-illinois-1034726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content