Complaint Review: CellZum Concierge Info Alerts

• Reported By: Gary — California United States of America
  • CellZum Concierge Info Alerts

Internet
    United States of America

CellZum Concierge Info Alerts Random Cell Phone Text Marketing Scam that Automatically Charged My Cell Phone Bill Internet

I got the following unsolicited cellphone text 8:10am today 12/29/12:

CellZum Concierge Info Alerts,$9.99/mo unlmtd lookups/mo Msg&data rates may apply.Reply STOP to cancel,HELP for help www.cellzum.com. To use Dial 8556159600

Without even reading the message I immediately got this second text:

Thank you for confirming your subscription!

I texted STOP, and they replied:

CellZum Concierge Info Alerts: You have been unsubscribed and will no longer rcv msgs (or charges). For Help email service@cellzum.com or call 888-985-7600

he problem is at that point they had already unknowingly charged my verizon cell phone account the first month 9.99 and I wouldn't have known this if I didn't be suspicious enough to then call the 888 number and ask the operator TWICE to see if I had already been charged.  The first time she said no.  When I made her check again, she said I was charged and the only way I could get my money back was to give her a mailing address to mail me a check. Unfortunatedly I doubt most people would have gone through this trouble.

She says the company sends these texts out randomly.  I asked her how I unwittingly "confirmed my subscription" and she could not give me a satisfactory answer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cellzum-concierge-info-alerts/internet/cellzum-concierge-info-alerts-random-cell-phone-text-marketing-scam-that-automatically-ch-988593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content