Complaint Review: Central Security Group

• Reported By: League City Consumer — League City Texas
  • Central Security Group

Nationwide
    USA

Central Security Group Deceiving and tricking the customer with unkept promises League City TX

*UPDATE Employee: Central Security Group doesn't trick customers

As many people clearly state here, this company is really a HORRIBLE and deceiving company that consumers should never trust. I typically do not write negative reviews or complaints about a company unless I have seen an intentional deception. This company will do anything to get you into a long term contract by painting a very rosy picture and make you feel so comfortable to sign up with them. Once you are into that contract, they suddenly become a different company with no regard for their customers.

After my initial 5 months service, I needed to move to a new home. They told me that moving my service to a new location will not cost me anything. This was a total lie. They charged me the lump sum of the 7 months (rest of the first year of contract) plus still charging every month for the same period. I understand that it is their policy but the problem is that they never told me that and they misled me to believe that lump sum was good for 7 months in the new location. Now I end up paying double payments for each month for 7 months.

I had the option to leave my service at the old location and transfer the service to the new owner. But their offer for the free move sounded acceptable to me and I chose that option. Unfortunately, since they thought they can also get the new owner sign a new contract, they simply lied to me to keep my existing contract with a free move option.

When you call them about getting a new service, you are directly connected to a sales person right away with no wait time. However, the minimum hold time for any other issue is 20-25 minutes. If they say they will call you back, do not believe them. They will not call.

I had ADT for 6 years with a slightly higher price but the customer service and the response time were excellent. I wish I never switched to Central Security for a few bucks cheaper service.

Do not consider Central Security for any of their services. You will really regret it in long term.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/central-security-group/nationwide/central-security-group-deceiving-and-tricking-the-customer-with-unkept-promises-league-1164421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Central Security Group doesn't trick customers

AUTHOR: CSG VP - ()

CSG has been in business for well over 30 years and has many (200,000 +) satisfied customers.  We regret the experience this customer had with our company and I would like to investigate the situation further.  CSG does not try to trick customers into anything.....in fact, we are the only company in the security industry that has a document (No Secrets) that spells out the terms and conditions of the agreement the customer is entering into.

In order to qualify for a free system move, a customer must be with the company for a year or more.  As this customer had only been with us for 5 months, ther was an additional charge to move the system.  I would be happy to speak with the customer and explain the situation further should the customer desire.

Regarding the extended hold time, we regret that the customer was on hold.  During high alarm volume times, we shift personnel from customer service functions to alarm response.  Our reponse time is one of the quickest in the industry and we understand that is the most important thing to our customer base.