Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Sat, February 05, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, February 11, 2005

• Reported By:Catasauqua Pennsylvania
Centric Group
El Camino Real Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Centric Group; Centric Travel Promised me 2500 in credit; Paid 2500; Got nothing in return Las Vegas Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: No Connection with Centric Travel Group

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I got a call in the beginning of December, 2004, telling me that I would get a no interest credit card with a credit limit of $2500. I was told that there would be no annual fee, ever, and that the rate would go up to 4.5 percent in a year. They said all they would need is a one-time fee of $369.00. They further told me that I would get a package in the mail in three weeks with a signature card that I needed to fill out and return to them in order to get this credit card.

On 12/13/04, they removed $369.00, that I could have used to buy Christmas gifts for my children, out of my bank account. The last week of December, before my January 1st pay check, was a difficult week to get through with no money.

I fell for this scam because I'm trying to get my credit restored in order to buy a house for my children. I have not filed for bankruptcy. I have paid all my outstanding debts. But it's still hard to get that credit score up there once it falls.

I called them in three weeks because I hadn't gotten anything in the mail. They told me that it should have arrived in a yellow envelope and that it would look like a travel advertisement and am I sure I didn't throw it out. I said I didn't throw anything that looked like that out. I love mail, so I even open my junk mail. They told me they were sorry and that they would send me another one.

Three weeks later, I still didn't get anything and I was getting a very uneasy feeling in my stomach. The feeling of "I've been scamed" was very, very strong at this point. I called again. The person I spoke to on the phone this time was very rude, practically told me I was lying about having not having received anything, and said they'd send it out again.

I called yeterday, once again, 2/4/2005, and was told that the computer shows the package went out. I said I didn't receive it and I'm no longer interested in receiving it, and that I want my money back. There was a long pause at the other end of the phone. She then told me that I couldn't get my money back and that the only thing she could do for me is make a note on her computer that "customer is unsatisfied, wants money back."

I told her that isn't all she could do and that I wanted to speak to her manager. She told me (of course) that her manager wasn't in. I asked for his name and she said, "Ronnie Smith" and that he'd be in Monday.

And today I'm doing what I should have done when I first received the call in the beginning of November. Expensive lesson learned. It shocks me that people like this can stay in business and not get arrested and put in jail. This should be illegal. I can't believe that it isn't.

Maria
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2005 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/centric-group/las-vegas-nevada/centric-group-centric-travel-promised-me-2500-in-credit-paid-2500-got-nothing-in-return-130237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centric Group

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

No Connection with Centric Travel Group

AUTHOR: Richard - (Spain)

Dear Editor,

I am sorry to hear of your members dealings with this company, but let me assure you that CentricTravel.com has absolutely no connection with the Centric Travel Group mentioned here.

We are a European company and have no dealings in the USA and also dont take any credit card payments. Our business is concentrated solely on advertising local busineses to tourists visiting the town of Benidorm and Costa Blanca region of Spain. Our affiliated links are with major respectable busineses such as Lastminute.com and British Airways.

But please feel free to contact me personally if you have any more information and we will do anything in our power to help your members and other people in the same situation.

Thanks for your support.