Complaint Review: Centura College

• Submitted: Sun, August 20, 2017
  • Updated: Sun, August 20, 2017
  • Reported By: Duchess — Witherbee South Carolina U.S.A.
  • Centura College
    8800 Rivers Ave
    North Charleston, South Carolina
    USA

Centura College certifications are a joke. complete waste of time/money North Charleston South Carolina

I was so proud of myself-I was finally able to go back to school So I made the biggest mistake of my life. I enrolled at Centura College in North Charleston, SC.

First-no scholarships were allowed-although the scholarships that they don't me were scholarships were actually discounts from them.

I drove 35 miles one way a day to go to school- I missed only 2 days of college and made a 4.0 gpa...I was told all the way through school that their certifications were genuine and if I passed the test I would be able to get a job anywhere- I studied in the Medical Assistant programming and listened to the lies and dreams that they told us about working in a doctors office or a hospital-depending on where we went. I was so excited.

When I got ready to do my externship-I was told that I would have to find my own externship and I started calling different doctors offices and found out quickly that when I mentioned Centura-the response was normally a no and click.

My gut told me that something didn't seem right-but I perservered- I started applying to locals hospitals and doctors offices-I was a CMA- found out the acredations were not recognized by any doctors office or hospital in our area. Come to find out-it was not recognized by any medical field I could find-

Now the career councellor quit and a new one was hired-a joke-kept calling me every day asking if I found a job-when I said no-keep looking he said.

After two years-I finally gave up on my dream and went to work in a different field.

Please don't waste your time or money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2017 05:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/centura-college/north-charleston-south-carolina/centura-college-certifications-are-a-joke-complete-waste-of-timemoney-north-charleston-1394103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content