Complaint Review: Century Credit & Collections

• Century Credit & Collections
    813 Jericho Turnpike #200
    New Hyde Park, New York
    USA

Century Credit & Collections Company Illegally Obtained Social Security Number; Reporting Inquires on Credit Reports New Hyde Park New York

I've never done business with Century Credit Collections however two inquiries hav surfaced on my experian report.  I can only say that I'm not sure how they obtained my social security number but what I do know is that there elements identity theft because if they didn't receive my social security number from me, either they stole it or obtained it from a management company (3040 Realty Corp.) that I did business with but had to take to housing court to be removed from lease after signing because the management company lied about renovating the apartment after I saw it, and came up with all sorts of excuses as to why I couldn't see the renovations before moving in.  Once I received the keys the day I was supposed to move in, I contacted the management company about my concerns.  I cancelled one of the security deposit checks, documented everything and took them to court and was successfully removed from the lease by month 3.

Century Credit Collections has initiated pulling my credit report twice, on March 21, 2011 and June 28, 2010, without my authorization.  This by all means is fraudulent.

Word of advice: Contact all 3 credit bureaus and request to place a security freeze on your reports.  You will have to do this in writing, but confirm the appropriate address via phone, and include a $5 money order or check.  The bureaus will then send a confirmation letter, including a web address and a special pin number.  You can temporarily unfreeze (for a few days, one week,month, etc.) your reports when applying for credit.

This is so sad, that in this day and age, on our own soil, we live amongst crooks/scoundrels.  Please protect your reports people and beware of Century Credit Collections.

I hope this is helpful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/century-credit-collections/new-hyde-park-new-york-11040/century-credit-collections-company-illegally-obtained-social-security-number-reporting-1085816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content