Complaint Review: Chad McCarter Auctions

• Chad McCarter Auctions
    1442 Winfield Dunn Pkwy
    Sevierville, Tennessee
    USA

Chad McCarter Auctions "Lost" my native american vase, very slow to sell merchandise Sevierville Tennessee

I have attended this auction house several times over the last three years. I have both bought and sold merchandise at this place with varying success, but I absolutely refuse to attend any more auctions.  In the beginning it was great.  I found some good items at decent prices, and sold several personal items for extra cash.  They treated me fairly.

After a while however, I began to experience some difficulty.  I bid on some World's Fair items from the 1940's online, but when I went to pick them up, they couldn't find the pieces.  They then told me that in fact I hadn't won the auction, but I know clearly that I did (bid on Auctionzip and had the highest bid).  They did refund the money, but I wasn't very happy about it.  I let it go thinking that mistakes happen.

Another time I took an old Lionel Train Set and some other items to the auction to be sold.  Everything was clearly marked. Many of the items sold but for some reason the train set was not included in several auctions!  I began to worry since it was a very valuable set and I called several times.  Finally it sold!  They told me that it was in the back and they couldn't find it and that it was not marked when in fact it was!  I would not be so stupid as to not label a valuable item like that!

The last straw however was the antique Native American Vase that I took there along with some other items.  The vase never got sold! I called them about it and they said they would look for it and call me back. I NEVER got a call.  I wanted the vase back since they weren't going to sell it!  I don't know if they hoard this stuff or what the problem is, but it takes them forever to sell items, they lose or "misplace" items and then they don't call you back!

I have sold several thousand dollars worth of merchandise at the Chad McCarter Auciton Center and have purchased a lot there as well, but after these incidences I will probably never set foot in there again.

At this place it is truly "Buyer Beware" (and seller!)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2014 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chad-mccarter-auctions/sevierville-tennessee-37876/chad-mccarter-auctions-lost-my-native-american-vase-very-slow-to-sell-merchandise-sevi-1152235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content