Complaint Review: Chamberlain Photography

• Chamberlain Photography
    6900 S. Main St. Downers Grove, Illinois USA
    Downers Grove, Illinois
    USA

Chamberlain Photography Chamberlain Restoration Photos held hostage! Downers Grove Illinois

When you inquire about restoration of an original, not a copy but an actual restoration, Mark says he wants to physically see your photo[s] and will email a shipping label. Use it and your photo[s] will be held for ransom. If after getting an estimate you decide not to use his outrageously overpriced service [$200-$400 to make a copy?!] he'll charge you about $60 to send it back. The 100+ year old photo I sent was 5" in diameter, was adhered to a tin frame, and couldn't have weighed more than 8-10 ounces. It should have cost under $10 to ship.

If he wants to charge a consltation fee, he should--- and I would have paid it. But this is an underhanded business practice and I'm glad I didn't trust him with my photo any longer than I did. Had he allowed me to use a credit card I would have disputed the charge once my photo was safely returned to me. No doubt that's why he doesn't permit it. That should have been a red flag but by that time he was already in possession of my photo.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2013 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chamberlain-photography/downers-grove-illinois-60516/chamberlain-photography-chamberlain-restoration-photos-held-hostage-downers-grove-illino-1094191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content