Complaint Review: CharityBuzz

• CharityBuzz
    437 Fifth Ave 11th Fl, NY, NY 10016
    New York, New York
    United States of America

CharityBuzz AHolz Andrew Holz CharityBuzz - all certificates lost by everyone everywhere, nothing to redeem New York, New York

I trustingly bid on a 4 night package to stay at a hotel on an island and received a notice saying I won.  The reason I bid on the item is because I planned to stay there for my birthday which was 25 days later.  No one contacted me although I emailed saying I needed to plan the trip right away.  Then it started.  First, FedEx lost the original certificate that was sent to me, imagine that.  Then the person from Liberty Travel was not there to contact.  No one at the hotel knew what I was talking about.  No one at Charity Buzz had another original certificate, no one at Liberty Travel had another certificate and they never received the FedEx back with the ONLY original certificate.  I never heard about a search for the Fedex package either.

Charitybuzz did not want to refund the money and tried to belittle me saying it was a charity . . . they couldn't give me back the money!  What was I thinking?  They were implying that I donated to the charity and wasn't getting my money back even if they did not provide the service.

So I gave them multiple chances to redeem themselves by giving them more chances to correct my stay at the hotel.  I had to book plane tickets because there were only 2 seats left.  Charity Buzz was annoyed that I did that.  I booked my hotel at the same place because it was almost booked up but Charity Buzz was never able to coordinate the package I won with my stay.  At one point, Charity buzz said that "finally" the Liberty Travel person was back and now something would get done.  But nothing got done.

Twenty eight days later and no one has ever found the Certificate.  They still had not refunded my money.  So I entered a dispute as I paid with American Express.  Surprise, they called me then saying I should drop my dispute THEN they could refund my money.  hmmm.  I just asked Amex if you drop a dispute, can you reopen it?  I also find it weird that Andrew Holz's email is aholz@charitybuzz.com  Now is that professional?  No.  Why wouldn't he have an email andrew.holz@charitybuzz.com?  What's his brother's name?  Coy?  I think they slip in bogus trips and events, tickets etc to skim off the top.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charitybuzz/new-york-new-york-10016/charitybuzz-aholz-andrew-holz-charitybuzz-all-certificates-lost-by-everyone-everywhere-921500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content