Complaint Review: Charlie porter

• Reported By: Horse buyer — Moyock North Carolina USA
  • Charlie porter

Internet
    USA

Charlie porter Porter quarter horses Crook, scammer, unprofessional King city Missouri

Was interested in horse as advertised by Charlie porter at porter quarter horses. Said I wanted the horse and willing to send overnight a deposit if he would hold the money in good faith until we could drive 18 hrs to view the horse the upcoming weekend. He was insistent only for me to overnight the money and it was non refundable weather the horse met our standards or not. I said I was hesitant to send 3000 dollars three states away. He was insistent about overnighting the money and it was NON REFUNDABLE even if we didn't buy the horse. I called Charlie at 11am Monday and he was angry I had not already sent the money. I said I was very concerned sending and loosing 3000 dollars on an unseen horse,I asked if we drove and didn't buy him for any issue will he refund the deposit. He repeated its non refundable. Red flag alert!!

I replied I can drive 18 hours and be there Friday, can he please understand why I don't want to wire money. He was angry that I was concerned about sending the money. I almost did send a check!!!! I had a gut feeling that he was a hustler. I called him again and Was hoping he would say " if your really interested I'll see y'all Friday" and if the horse sells before then I'll call you" - like an honest horseman would. So I did change my mind and not wire him the non refundable 3000. I emailed him and said I cannot risk the loss of that much money. I will just drive to see the horse Friday. IMMEDIATELY HE Replied with a super nasty unprofessional email calling me a liar and to never contact him again... he almost got us. SHIESTY AND UNPROFESSIONAL!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2017 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charlie-porter/internet/charlie-porter-porter-quarter-horses-crook-scammer-unprofessional-king-city-missouri-1361419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content