Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Reported By: Houston Texas
  • Charter Communications
    Nationwide
    Houston, Texas

Charter Communications "technical assistance" extremely poor!!!!! Multiple Locations (this Report Is From Houston) Texas

*Author of original report: Good for you!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Better than cox

Charter Communications has VERY poor technical assistance!!!!! I have always felt this way, however today's experience with "tech assistance" was especially bad!!!!!!! A REAL WASTE OF TIME!!!!!
Could not access the Internet, so (silly me) I called them for assistance!
They went through a variety of supposed "measures to clear things", from me having to tell them how many lights were on on the modem, to going to the "control panel" and resetting the controls for the Internet. Nothing worked, they told me I had a problem and they would have to send out a technician to "fix the problem" I asked how much that would cost (they did not volunteer this information!), then said the service call would be $35.00 plus the cost of the repair. I declined. Wonder what they would have charged if I had actually accepted?
Later, I talked to my brother who said all I needed to do was to unplug the modem from the power supply, give it about 3 minutes to readjust itself, then plug it back in. I did, and I have had the Internet (without problems) ever since.
There are many people on their "tech. assistance desk " who do not know the 1st thing about the Internet (how can you expect them to since they have just been pulled off the street?), but they put you through all the "hoops" hoping that you will think they know something!
DO NOT CALL CHARTER TECH> ASSISTANCE if you have computer problems! Take it to someone who knows what the Internet is all about!!!!

knowslittleaboutcomputers
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2008 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charter-communications/houston-texas-77095/charter-communications-technical-assistance-extremely-poor-multiple-locations-this-297560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Good for you!!!!

AUTHOR: Genevieve - (U.S.A.)

Glad "Charter" met your expectations! However take the time to look at the multiple complaints that have been posted on ROR (glad you are an exception!)

Better than cox

AUTHOR: Francisco - (U.S.A.)

Last week I had a complicated tech issue with my cable, the tech guy from charter not only was polite an helpfull but he new what he was doing, he was at my house on time and he got the problem fix under 30 minutes. No charge, no problem. This happend at Donalsonville, Lousiana.