Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Reported By: Ernest C. Pike, D.C. — Reno Nevada
  • Charter Communications

Internet
    USA

Charter Communications Charter Cable T.V. Lied and unprofessionaly and duplicitously degraded and harrassed me Internet

The entire fiasco began when I moved from one location to another in Reno, Nevada. The Charter technician installed new equipment at my current address. I spoke with a representative from Charter Communications and surprisingly she told me I did not need to return my old equipment. Later that all changed and Charter wanted to charge me until they actually listened to the recording of the lady from Charter telling me under no uncertain terms that I did not need to return the equipment. So a supervisor from Charter called me back and said all of the equipment has been wiped off my bill and I wouldn't be responsible for it. About two (2) months later I received a letter from them saying I needed to pay for the equipment or return it. I again called them and another supervisor said he would take care of it. They never did and even though they heard the lady from Charter on the phone recording they still wanted to charge me for her misinformation. I'm still battling with them and they are also rude, condescending, disrespectful and unprofessional to the point of harrassment! Particularly a "supervisor" named "Adam #53S" from the Wisconsin call center.

The service technician also assured me that they would take my old account and open me another one at my new location. They never did this until I happened to call them several weeks later. They did credit my old account for their erroneous charges, but left an approximate $40.00 balance that they have since turned into a collection agency, unbenounced to me.

I feel ripped off, angry, frustrated and violated by these people. I can't wait to find new services with some other company. Certainly this is the worst experience I have ever had in my adult life with a supposed service-type company.

Sincerely,

Ernest C. Pike, D.C.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charter-communications/internet/charter-communications-charter-cable-tv-lied-and-unprofessionaly-and-duplicitously-degr-1079313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content