Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Reported By: Mary — Duncanville Texas
  • Charter Communications

Nationwide
    USA

Charter Communications Charter No mention of charge for service call when it was their issue Duncanville, Texas Nationwide

We are consistantly getting abismal speeds - not the "up to 30mbps" that is advertised; we typically get between 12 & 17 mbps. This particular time we were getting speeds as low as 3.5 mbps.

I was on the phone with a service tech for several hours that night. The first one confirmed there definately was an issue and they needed to send out a tech to find out what the problem was. I was not informed there would be a charge. Today when on the phone disputing the $45 charge, it was confirmed three times by two people that they do not inform customers over the phone that there MIGHT be a charge. "that is somehting the phone tech would not know" was what I was told. They stated it was up to the service tech that came out to determine if there would be a charge - something that was never mentioned by the man that showed up at my door.

The service tech didn't touch my equipment at all. [continued below]....

..... I was told all about how in my city the advertised speeds were not available. I was told that sales people were constantly selling bundled packages which includes internet phone, which is not available in my city. I was told all about Comcast selling their customers to Charter in the anticipation of the merger with Time Warner. I was told that the Charter infrastructure was undergoing upgrades until the merger with Time Warner came about and at that time all upgrades came to a halt. I was told about other customers of this service tech who get weekly visits because of the abismal speeds coming over their network. What I was NOT told was he was going to charge me $45 to have this conversation. I do not appreciate being blind sided by a $45 charge to learn all about company politics with Charter Communications.

I was told by the billing department and a supervisor that they would not be able to refund the charge. It was not within thier abilities to make any adjustment. They would however be happy to inform the tech's supervisor that the tech did not inform me about the charge - but, I still had to pay it.

I consider this to be highly deceptive business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2014 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charter-communications/nationwide/charter-communications-charter-no-mention-of-charge-for-service-call-when-it-was-their-is-1154971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content