Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, December 05, 2016

• Reported By: jsyz426 — Riverbank California USA
Charter Communications
Nationwide USA

Charter Communications Charter Spectrum, Charter internet, Charter Television Liar Liar Pants On Fire. Classic Bait and Switch charter.com Nationwide

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I dont know where to start. I have charter internet and have for about 2 years. I called to bundle my TV with them to see if I could save some money. After talking to their sales rep, I was told that I would get all of these channels, a home phone (which we have never had. We like most, just rely on our cell phones), as well we would get upgraded to the 100 mb download speed. So I went ahead and canceled my service with Dish Network. When the service guy got to my house, he installed everything for the TV. But he had no record of any internet speed upgrade. He and I called the service department, and they said that they could not and would not upgrade my internet service unless I paid an additional $60 per month.

They admitted that their sales rep did promise the upgrade, but that they would not honor it because she was wrong. My business is custom software and online services. [continued below]....

..... So a fast internet is very important to me. But Charter was completely unwilling to work with me or take any actions to fix their own error. I kept asking for the next level up representative, and after talking to 5 different people, I got nothing but the feeling that they could care less if I just took a hike. And the fact that I was only saving a cost of about 10 dollars per month, but getting a service that has a completely antiquated look and feel when it comes to their TV software, I was happy to say, "just take this crap away".

Charters DVR box is HUGE. It is also out of date, and their user interface is complete junk and hard to figure out. I now have to call Dish Network back and ask them to come out and re-hook up their equipment. So in addition to the hassle of all of this and now multiple days of m y schedule tied up, I have to pay Dish Network a service fee to reconnect something that was already hooked up and fine until charter deconstructed everything. I would strongly suggest staying away from Charter as a whole. If you are looking for a company that focuses on good customer service, then I would go anywhere else. Anything has to be better.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2016 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charter-communications/nationwide/charter-communications-charter-spectrum-charter-internet-charter-television-liar-liar-p-1341593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications