Report: #1198263

• Charter Communications

Nationwide
    USA

Charter Communications Early Termination Nationwide

I previously had DirecTV and for the most part it was a fine service.  But since I had a new roof put on the house, I thought that it was a good time to look at getting a different television provider, so that I wouldn't have to reinstall the dish.

Charter Communications is the monopoly cable provider in my township.  For some reason, Michigan has decided that any house can only have one cable provider.

Since Charter was offering to buyout the existing contracts of satalite TV contracts, up to some dollar amount around $500, I thought I would transfer my business and have them pay for the early termination fee that I would incure from DirecTV.  My early term fee was $150.00

So, I called to have my service installed, but since I don't have any need for a home telephone, I asked if I could pass on that part of the service.  The young lady on the phone had to check with her boss and left me on hold for quite some time.  Her boss said that my request would be allowed and that I would still be eligable for the early term reimbursement, without the phone line.

After it is installed and I have incurred the cost at DirecTV, Charter has pulled the offer.

Simple bait and switch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2014 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charter-communications/nationwide/charter-communications-early-termination-nationwide-1198263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content