Complaint Review: Charter communications

Nationwide
    USA

Charter communications Untruthful people, terrible customer service Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Worst company I have ever dealt with

I called charter on December 11,2013 to set up a payment plan to avoid my service being disrupted.  I was told to pay 200.00 by the 24th and the remaining balance on January 6,2014 and I would avoid it being turned off. On December. 23rd I paid the amount of 200.00 and this morning December 26th I find it turned off. I called to get an explanation and was first told that the remaining balance of 54.00 had to be paid and I had to pay a reconnection fee. I asked her why they had not told me that I needed to pay more than the. 200 and then her story changed. It went from being 54.00 to being. 46.00 and a reconnect fee. When I called her out on why they had lied to me and went back on their word she had no answers. She said they could listen to the recorded convo and see what what said and placed me on hold. When she came back she said that the convo was not recorded and refused to help me any further. In my opinion if you are going to lie to your customers that's bad customer service and you are not worthy of my business. I held up my end and you did not. Im sorry but charter communications is not a company that will be keeping my business after 4 years with them it is time to find someone who is truthful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2013 05:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charter-communications/nationwide/charter-communications-untruthful-people-terrible-customer-service-nationwide-1110037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Worst company I have ever dealt with

AUTHOR: Charter Nogood - ()

Charter Communications is the worst company I have ever dealt with.  They have the worst “customer service” I have ever experienced.  Only the customers who have suffered similar experiences as mine would ever believe they can act the way they do.

If I could choose a company slogan for them, based on my experiences with them, it would be “We are Charter, we don’t care, we don’t have to”.  I encourage everyone who has had a charter “horror story” to report them to their local regulatory agency.  The agency will investigate and Charter will have to respond and explain.  You can complete the process online in just minutes.  In North Carolina, the link is:

I have created a website (not fully operational yet) that I will use to help Charter customers who have been wronged by Charter.  The address is charterstinks.com

If you have tried dealing with Charter’s “customer service” and have hit a wall (like I did), you can try calling Michael Henry, Charter’s Corporate Customer Escalation Manager, directly at (864) 297-2248.  He is the “highest” person I was able to speak with directly at Charter but unfortunately he was not able to help me. Maybe you will have better luck.  I would not waste my time talking to anyone at “customer service”.

Thank you Ripoff Report for allowing us to expose them.  I will post my own complaint in the days to come.