Complaint Review: Chase Bank, Bank One

Tucson, Arizona
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chase Bank, Bank One Chase Bank recharging Bank one Charge-off that I already paid causing NSF's Tucson Arizona

When Bank One was still themselves I paid a charge-off account, this was in 2003. I had to, in order to open an account at another bank due to check-rite. That old account was a joint account with my wife. After paying the past due amount I was then able to open a new account elsewhere, as my S.S. # now cleared Check-rite.

Last year my wife made the mistake of opening an account at Chase Bank. Soon money was being withdrawn from her account. We questioned the withdrawals and disputed the charges. Which caused NSF charges monthly. After almost $1000 has disapeared from her account we finally found out that Chase Bank was charging the $512 I had paid Bank One in 2003. Since I of course did not save that receipt for 5 years I have no recourse.

Chase never once admitted to being the ones withdrawing funds, caused $100's in NSF charges and now say they had the right to take those funds without advising my wife despite our repeated questioning? My only proof now is the fact that Check-rite cleared my ability to open a new account, back in 2003. Chase bank has stolen $1000's "recovering Bank one funds paid years ago". Conveniently They have no record of my payment.

Does anybody have any ideas on any recourse I may have?

Eddie
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2009 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chase-bank-bank-one/tucson-arizona-85710/chase-bank-bank-one-chase-bank-recharging-bank-one-charge-off-that-i-already-paid-causing-421366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content