Complaint Review: Chase Bank

• Reported By: Cincinnati Ohio
  • Chase Bank
    Nationwide

Chase Bank Chase Credit Cards - Beware! Everytown USA

I've had a Chase Visa since 2001 and the credit limit was $14,000. I have excellent credit, own a nine room home in Florida and a beautiful 14 room Victorian home in the Cincinnati area. I'm a very consentience, responsible person who pays his bills on time and always try to do the right thing.

When I originally received my VISA credit card from Chase Visa in 2001, my interest rate was 7.9%. If it were any higher, I would not have signed up to use there credit card services.

In October, 2005, I forgot to make a payment Chase Visa. In December of 2005, I received a notice from Chase indicating that they were raising my interest from 7.9 % to 24%! What an outrage.. after 4 years of never missing a payment, I miss ONE payment and they are raising my interest to 24 %! It's like they were waiting for me to miss a payment so they could raise my interest! I saw a report about this type of behavior on the National News once about how this has happened to other people but NEVER thought it would happen to me.

I now feel that Chase Bank and their Chase Credit Cards SUCKS! Their conduct is equivalent to that of racketeers and gangsters. They are pulling a "bate and switch" by reeling you in with low interests with every intention of raising your interest to an OUTRAGEOUS rate if you make a mistake.

I'm not taking this without a fight and I want the WORLD to know what scoundrels Chase Bank and their Chase Credit Cards are. I'm filing complaints to my Attorney Generals Office, The Federal Trade Commission, The Better Business Bureau, my Congressmen and anyplace else that will bring HEAT onto Chase Bank / Chase Credit Cards

CHASE BANK SUCKS!!!!

Bob
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2006 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chase-bank/nationwide/chase-bank-chase-credit-cards-beware-everytown-usa-175135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content