Complaint Review: Chase Bank

• Submitted: Mon, June 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 05, 2009

• Reported By:phoenix Arizona
Chase Bank
5734 West Thomas Road Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Chase Bank UNETHICAL BANKING PROCEDURES OF CHASE BANK TO MY PARENTS ACCOUNT ENDS UP TAKING THEIR STIMULUS CHECKS AND MUCH MORE THAN THAT!! Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: So you really don't know what's going on

*Author of original report: I don't understand some of the replies people send because what they state does not even make sense if they would of read the consumer's complaint !

*Consumer Comment: Monitor account

*Author of original report: Medical event excuse for account holder's unaware of activity to his account accures penalty fee's while in hospital

*Consumer Comment: Please Explain..

I just finished reading many of the RIPOFF REPORTS of Chase Bank and the questionable procedures of banking services they practice in managing personal accounts. I no longer feel intimidated to not speak out about the very same issues that have been happening to my parents and what victims they have been in the last three months. (Who knows how long now it could have been going on) Bank charges applied to a persons' account is a fee to cover administrative costs or of the bank's services. If I understand correctly, it is questionable when those fee's become punitive.

Chase Bank hides behind the "terms of agreement" or those words ,we have all heard "sorry,but it is company policy" or we can not be held liable for anything you say we have done wrong because it states in your contract with us , we are not liable for anything we have or might or can or may do or it may have been done by a third party, on line, off line, or the lights were off that day and it wasn't even a business day at that!

Those policy or banking policy procedures of Chase Bank, has put my parents in financial hardship caused by unfair bank charges applied to them in the amount of over 2,000 dollars and interest fee's , plus caused status of credit rating to drop, has effected life insurance policies put in status of lapsing,its caused no more extended credit (couldn't get some money to pay off negative checking account),lost the privilege of using their debit cards or ATM'S and even they took their STIMULUS CHECKS as soon as it was ACH credited in account for bank penalty charges. I have even had to get food boxes for May and because of all bills not paid and returned by them and Chase Bank already taking 900.00 dollars (negative balance) to start off the month of June, I will definitely have to go get food boxes for this month too to be able to get by!

So if there is a representitive out there, from Chase Bank, who can convience me that what I have just written above, is justified and fair , you better start talking and set me straight ,where I am wrong in my findings. because this bank here in Phoenix has pissed me off. I will get a refund for all bank charges and at 8% percent interest charges also, and they will reimburse my parents for their Stimulus checks ( Right ? President Obama ! ) AND I DON'T THINK YOU WANT THE EXTRA SPECIAL ATTENTION YOU MAY GET BY THE MEDIA or that pissed off lady out front your bank , with her sign saying "CHASE BANK RIPOFFS STIMULUS CHECKS HERE" THEY TOOK MY PARENT'S CHECKS FOR UNFAIR BANKING FEE'S! complaint written by Monica Wood ,Phoenix,Arizona

P.S. You all should read the Blue Book of Banking Services 2008-2009 for the list price of banking service fee's...................

Monica wood
phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2009 11:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chase-bank/phoenix-arizona-85033/chase-bank-unethical-banking-procedures-of-chase-bank-to-my-parents-account-ends-up-taking-457566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank

So you really don't know what's going on

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

and felt like bitching about chase anyway?

AUTHOR: Monica Wood - (U.S.A.)

I recieved a rebuttal on my complaint of Chase unfair charges and it causing more that costs but punitive damages....... am I not writing clear enough, for some people to understand ,what I was saying. the last rebuttal posted was,[ seems like you and your parent's do not know how to manage a checking account. ] Did I mention, anything about the account being, that way, due to our ignorance? And ,if your father was in and out of the hospital and your mother does, not do ,the financial chores of the household and I am my father's caregiver and my mother's , the last thing you are thinking about (when your father is in the hospital trying to save his legs from being amputated and your mother is distraught) is if the checking account is in the positive or not? If you say you could then bravo young lady..........Your more of a woman than me.................

Monitor account

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Maybe your parents should monitor their accounts more closely.

It sounds like neither you nor them know how to manage a bank account.

AUTHOR: Monica Wood - (U.S.A.)

My father has been with this bank for over six years and has maintained his accounts always in good standings until 3 months ago , when he was hospitalized to have amputation surgery. His unawareness to the status of his checking account acquiring a negative balance from not recieving his alerts, statement's, and non-intentional negliegence does not seem fair for the charges accured and imposed by the bank ( isufficient funds, return items, overdraft fee's) to the tune of well over 2500 dollars. It just seems, that the bank , would be willing to work with a loyal patron of theirs and could have extended time in paying these fee's so he would not be in financial hardship and also resulting in lowering credit score, can not pay all bills , refused extended credit , returned items were insurance policies that now can not be paid in time to save , event's that are happening to him and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.......................... So yes , they are unfair charges because of his situation and also because the bank can not be justified in saying that the amount they have taken from him is the true amount to administrative costs? So the issue of any one misfortune of this type of situation should not be right for the bank to do and not want to help them so it does not go any further .............................. He want's a refund on all charges and fee's accured ............. Come on now , may father and mother didn't even know they had recieved their Stimulus checks because no sooner of there posting, Chase , as far as my opinion, applied it to pay off their charges without authorization. You should have seen their faces, when I had to tell them that!

Please Explain..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

There is a lack of detail in your report. What "fees and interest" are they charging and why do you think they are unjust?