Complaint Review: Chase Credit Card

• Reported By: Los Angeles California
  • Chase Credit Card
    www.chase.com
    Wilmington, Delaware

Chase Credit Card $220 Penalty for missed payment on $650 debt Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Just Think

*Consumer Suggestion: How?

I asked Chase if I could settle with them and pay my outstanding balance after they hit me with a $220 penalty when I missed a payment and was then two days late on a subsequent payment--this after having paid my monthly bills on time for more than a year. (I owed only $650 before the penalty.) They refused. The reason I missed a payment was because I had switched to paperless billing, hoping to save some trees and a stamp. Chase was collecting for Circuit City. The paper bills always said Circuit City on the outside. The online Chase bill made no mention of Circuit City in the subject line; I simply thought the bill was for my wife's Washington Mutual card which became Chase a couple of months ago after Chase took over that bank. The Chase representative spoke like a robot about the bank not having made any mistake. (I wonder, has Chase taken any bailout money?) The bank clearly engages in deceptive practices and is unreasonable to charge me a penalty of about 30% interest. Also, they cancelled the Circuit City promotion.

Ronnie
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2009 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chase-credit-card/wilmington-delaware-19850/chase-credit-card-220-penalty-for-missed-payment-on-650-debt-wilmington-delaware-448819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Just Think

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

How many trees you can go out and plant for $220.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

How?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Were you ripped off?

You were late on two payments. You said you switched to paperless bills and then didn't bother reading the email they sent you. I think the bank is okay to increase your rate when you are late twice in a row. Pay your bills on time and this wouldn't happen.