Complaint Review:

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Donna — Southaven Mississippi
Cheap Fast Resumes
Internet USA

Cheap Fast Resumes Friendly Jim @ Cheap Fast ResumesJim @ Cheap Fast Resumes Rude, mean-spirited con artist Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fake Review

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Wow!  I am finding it difficult to find words to describe how rude, arrogant, dishonest, and downright mean this man was to me.  First of all, he advertises $49.95 resumes, but quickly "upsells" when you inquire.  He also emphasizes that there will be little paperwork on your end, and information and details will be obtained during a short phone call.  What a joke!

After inquiring, I ordered a $69.95 resume and was emailed a link to provide him with my personal information and education and job history.  I was told that after submitting this info, I would be provided a list of available appointment times for the phone call.  This was all very late at night, and I had to work a 12-hour shift the next day, so I emailed him back and told him my work schedule, and that I would provide the info on my next day off.  He obviously didn't read this, because he sent me several emails and even a text requesting this info again and again.  I also told him I had some questions for him that I would like answered prior to providing all the information, but he ignored that part.  The tone of his emails was very demanding and somewhat condescending.  I had a bad feeling at that point, but went ahead and provided the information and scheduled the phone call.

He called me as scheduled, and at first I thought it was an automated phone call as he was so monotoned and scripted.  There was absolutely nothing personal about the call at all.  I tried several times to ask him my questions, but he only cut me off.  He would not listen to me at all!!  He complained that I had not provided enough "descriptive" information about my work duties, and told me I would have to resend him 10 more "descriptive" sentences about my duties - not words - sentences.  He then asked "you do know what a sentence is, don't you?"  At this point I said "I feel like I am writing my own resume."  He said "yes, there is some work involved on your part!"  I replied "I realize that, but what am I paying you for?"  He then screamed at me "I don't like your attitude, friend!  This order is cancelled!" and hung up on me.  I was flabbergasted!  He then immediately emailed me telling me that I was rude, lazy, arrogant and not to contact him again!  The whole experience was one of the most unpleasant of my life.  I have never been treated that way by someone who I am paying who is supposed to be working for me!  What I find really offensive is that he even mentions God in his advertising.  Well, I can promise you there is NOTHING Godly about his man!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cheap-fast-resumes/internet/cheap-fast-resumes-friendly-jim-cheap-fast-resumesjim-cheap-fast-resumes-rude-mean-s-1141673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheap Fast Resumes

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fake Review

AUTHOR: Jim the Friendly Resume Writer - ()

Hey Donna

Gee!  I really don't know how to "start" responding to your lengthy "Fake Review".

You seem so upset -- all that from the result of a 3 minute phone call with me?

Wow.

You’ve attacked me personally in so many ways -- even telling me that I am “not Godly”?

Geesh.  I didn’t know you had appointed yourself to be my Preacher, too!

Well, anyway, I'll be brief.

For the last 19 years, I have been writing around 1,000 Resumes for people every year.  That means I have successfully served around 19,000 Resume customers. As you can see from this website, apparently only 2 or 3 of them were not happy (like you?) and posted a so-called “Ripoff” report.  So, that means that 99.999 percent of my customers have NOT complained about me to “Ripoff” over a 19 year period.

What does that tell you, Donna?

It says that something was “different” with you . . . than 99.999 percent of my previous “happy” customers.

I’m not going to “throw mud” back at you -- not come down to your level and make personal attacks, as you have in your “Ripoff” review here.  I’ll leave the readers of this review to come to their own conclusions.

Nonetheless, since you have taken the time to write your amazing “flaming” personal attack on me (again -- Wow!), I guess I’ll have to take the time to reply.

According to my records, you ordered a Resume from me. Over the following 3 day period, I then sent you 5 different email requests (!) to pick a convenient available time for your personal telephone Resume interview phone call.  At that time, I was intending to call you and work with you on the phone to write your Resume, make suggestions, etc.  The whole process usually takes less than 45 minutes. Then I send the Resume to each customer via email as a Microsoft Word document.  Free revisions are included in the price for a 2 day period.  Also included is a free cover letter, advice on the best job-hunting websites to use (for instance, “Use Indeed.com; but don’t waste your time with Linkedin.com”), advice on using Recruiters to find “hidden” job postings, etc.).

Well, again my records indicate that you didn't respond to my multiple emails, and did not choose your time for a phone call, for 3 days.  That's right! 5 messages sent to you, but no reply.

So I then sent you a text message, too . . . . trying to get you to respond and pick a time.

Finally, you choose a time for your call.  (Halleluiah!  There--since you accused me of not being “Godly” -- I thought I’d throw that in to make you happy :)

Terrific!

Then (according to my records), you acted very -- how shall I put this politely -- "strangely" during the call.

Specifically, didn't answer any of my questions regarding your work history . . . . I would ask a question about dates of employment, for instance . . . and you would completely ignore the question!  You just "kept talking" -- as if you were a robot or something.  Just a one-sided conversation!  This went on-and-on . . . I asked you about 6 or 7 relevant questions about your work history, etc.  -- and you just kept talking “over me” -- like you were trying to dominate the conversation or something.

Well, according to my notes of that call, you then became more and more agitated, and nothing I could do seemed to work to calm you down.

Wow!  Very strange.

I finally politely (not "screaming" as your "fake review" claims) told you that since you were obviously not cooperating with the Resume interview process, I couldn’t help you. So would have to cancel your order and refund your money.

Finally, my notes show, that after that statement, you started screaming hysterically!  I mean -- seriously -- yelling!

I knew I had made the right decision to end the phone call -- how to you deal with a “screaming” person?

I think most people would have also done that, Donna.

I don’t know what was going on in your personal life, but you don’t have a right to “vent” and “scream” at other persons . . . especially when they are trying to help you.

Well, that was the end of it.

So that's all I can say, Donna.

Sorry I couldn’t help you.  I wish you luck with your next Resume Service :)

Best Wishes