ED Magedson – Founder
CHECK INTO CASH OREGON14110 SE STARK STREET PORTLAND, Oregon United States of America
CHECK INTO CASH STATE OF OREGON NOW OUT OF BUSINESS! THEY HAVE BEEN SELLING YOUR PHONE NUMBERS!! PORTLAND Oregon
Now that Check into Cash is out of business in the State of Oregon, consumers need to know that they have been selling your infomation to collection agencies.
1. First your phone numbers. For that "reminder call" the day before your loan is due.
2. Then the collection agencies research your phone number, and any address that comes up under that phone number--called REVERSE PHONE LOOK UP in the collection industry. (THEY GET THIS FROM THE TAX ASSESSOR'S OFFICE)
3. Then they start calling the people listed on the property OR who owns your property if you are a renter or you if you are a home owner.
4. What happens next? If you are a renter, they harrass your landlord if possible, claiming that YOU gave them this phone number as a contact.
5. This of course is a lie. They know what they are doing. People are getting unfair evictions because of this practice!!!
6. And if like most people in America, you have mail going to mom's house, they start harassing your elderly parents. This practice is actually elder abuse, and you can sue them for doing it.
7. The top customers who purchased information from Check Into Cash Oregon are:
Great Lake Student Loans Sallie Mae Student Loans Capital One Credit Cards Capital One Auto Finance
8. Take a stand. Most collection agencies are what are known in the finance world as SCAVENGERS. They buy old debts from creditors that have been dissolved by time, bankruptcy, idenity theft, charged off or actually paid off by the origonal borrower. All these collectiona agencies have is nothing. All they can do is make harassing phone calls, and threats. So let them. Have fun with it, write them a drop dead letter and make sure you send a copy of a court document filled out with THEIR NAME ON IT AS DEFENDANT, it is amazing how they suddenly stop calling.....
9. Check out all of your credit reports from the 3 major agencies, and also inquire at the mortgage only credit bureaus like Beacon. Many Scavengers try to list bad debts on mortgage only credit bureaus, hoping you will pay in a pinch when buying or refinancing a home in the future.
Tiger BORING, Oregon
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2008 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/check-into-cash-oregon/portland-oregon-97233/check-into-cash-state-of-oregon-now-out-of-business-they-have-been-selling-your-phone-num-320574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.