Report: #1019960

• Check Mate
    4330 South Valley View Blvd, Suite 112
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    United States of America

Check Mate Instant Checkmate Does not honor cancellation nor inform you that you have to cancel by phone, not email, all other transactions are done email. Las Vegas, Nevada

Check Mate activates a 5 day account for $1, which is all done online including the reports they provide.  They also immediately charge your charge card $29.63 a monthly fee.

They do not make it clear that you cannot cancel by email, which I did, as all other transaction were done via email.  Before you know it, you have been charged $29.63 every month.

When I contacted them via phone number on my charge card statement they informed me that they do not honor membership cancellation by email, only phone.  If memory serves me correctly, I also phone in my cancellation.

I cancelled because the information is readily available through Google search.

Stay away from this company, they will sneak in the charges on your credit card.  I did not noticed the charge until 4 months later.  When I called them they indicated they can only credit me for the next month charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/check-mate/las-vegas-nevada-89103/check-mate-instant-checkmate-does-not-honor-cancellation-nor-inform-you-that-you-have-to-c-1019960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content