Complaint Review: Checks Unlimited

• Checks Unlimited
    P.O.Box 17400
    Colorado Springs, Colorado

Checks Unlimited ripoff bait-and-swtch Colorado Springs Colorado

Like all the others who dealt with Checks Unlimited, I fell into the same trap. They told me that mine was not a new order and that I had ordered through them in the year 2000, five years ago!

Therefore. I owe a total of $34.90...or else. They were going to submit my name to a collection agency in 20 days if they do not receive full payment.

This is the only company, I know, that penalizes return customers. Imagine how many of those first-time customers are going to fall into the same trap, as we did, when they re-order checks next time. I am surprised the AG in Colorado isn't on to these guys.

In the future, I am going to refer to this ripoffreprot before dealing with any company I am not familiar with. If I had done that with Checks Unlimited, I would not be suffering from deja vu, as I read all of your similar stories regarding this unscrupulous outfit. And yes, the phone reps. like pushing callers' buttons. Maybe they view it as a job-perk.

What bothers me is how easy it is for companies like this to change name, like a snake shedding its skin, and assume a new identity. As if the slate is wiped clean and they get to do this bate-and-switch on new customers all over again. Don't be surprised if this time next year they are calling themselves something new.

Larry
Newark, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2006 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/checks-unlimited/colorado-springs-colorado-80935/checks-unlimited-ripoff-bait-and-swtch-colorado-springs-colorado-170447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content