Complaint Review: CHERRY HILL MITSUBISHI

• Reported By: PHILA Pennsylvania
  • CHERRY HILL MITSUBISHI
    1805 WEST ROUTE 70
    Cherry Hill, New Jersey

I purchased a mitsubishi endeavor and was over charged for a demo vehicle with 5,100 miles. The price was $38083.33 for a 2004 basic model without 4wd? I received the paper work for the vehicle 3 months later and was never told what the actual price of the suv they just gave me registration papers to drive with. Now we look up the actual selling price and find out it should only be $21,335 and not $38083.33. So they overcharged me without letting me know the actual cost.

All we know is they said they gave us 8000 dollars for our trade in only to inflate it in the rear of the sale raising the sticker price 8000 dollars from the start and trying to include a rebate. We called they said o well you signed the papers agreeing to it and its no way to get out of it. We waited for the payment book 3 months which made our payments late so we are 1 month behind trying to catch up

Lincoln
PHILA, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2006 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cherry-hill-mitsubishi/cherry-hill-new-jersey-08002/cherry-hill-triplex-cherry-hill-mitsubishi-price-gouging-ripoff-cherry-hill-new-jersey-188656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I buy and sell alot of vehicles. For years, I've gone with my Dad to help him buy his cars. They've tried to rip him off before. Last one, he went with his new wife and without me. They had a 5 year old grand marquis, her vehicle, with 60k miles on it, that they used as a trade-in.. They ended up paying $22,900 for a new one. I said Dad, they're selling in the paper for $22,900. north park lincoln/mercury got their trade-in for fing free. What a ripoff. But what can you do? These scumbag car guys see a gold mine and they can't help themselves.

PRICE GOUGING

AUTHOR: Rodney - (U.S.A.)

As a bonafide return answer to a rebuttal someone posted,My parents were never told the selling price they were not asked to sign a contract ever.They were told just come in sign and drive off and bring a trade in which was a 1982 volvo Dl rust bucket.Apparently the salesman was a idiot because he knew my parents, now my dad has passed away and my mom is stuck with a amazing vehicle payment you idiots. Elderly people always get taken advantage of you fools who ever replied so get your facts STRAIGHT!

Not much you can do

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

You signed a contract without reading it first. You didn't price shop the car you were buying. You had no clue what the sticker was? I am sure they had other ones on the lot. But $38000? Sounds like you owed more on your trade than what it was worth, or, that 38K price includes finance charges.

But, you don't know that do you? The reason you don't know that is because you're an uninformed consumer. You really need to educate yourself on these matters before you buy. If you had, you would've known that even though you didn't get the payment book, you could've sent the payment in anyways. The dealer would have known where to send it.

Your post doesn't make you sound very intelligent. Maybe you need to take a knowledgable friend with you the next time you buy something expensive.