Complaint Review: Chico's

• Chico's
    11215 Metro Parkway
    Fort Myers, Florida
    USA

Chico's Linda Poeta ,manager, Lisa Baird ,supervisor, Monica Gomez ,supervisor, Carolyn Ziemski ,human resources, Discrimination Fort Myers Florida

*General Comment: Red Flag

The contact center (sales and customer service) at Chico's discriminated against me and several other older women when new and younger styles brought in new younger customers.  At that time, they hired new younger associates.  Several of us reported the discrimination to human resources but they didn't stop the management team from discriminating against us. That was obvious that the corporation was discriminating against us, not just the management team.  The other older women quit from being stressed out.  I was the only one that stayed.  Because I didn't quit, more discrimination continued to happen to me.  The one main issue was sending me, but no other associates, calls that came in as "Tester Calls" which were very rude and angry associates who called from Chico's stores pretending to be customers, but were not.  I again contacted human resources but they still didn't support me.   The management team pretended I wasn't handling customer calls well, which I did deal with okay.  I requested support from the CEO but didn't receive her support.  After that request and because the stress didn't cause me to quit, they finally let me go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2017 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chicos/fort-myers-florida-33966/chicos-linda-poeta-manager-lisa-baird-supervisor-monica-gomez-supervisor-carolyn-z-1382896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Red Flag

AUTHOR: Florida Girl - (USA)

I find your review quite interesting and concerning. Chico's pride themselves on gender diversity, however it does appear there's a preference for younger women. I took a look at LinkedIn profiles of employees working in the Fort Myers corporate office. All the women look the same. What concerns me even more is diversity of people of color. I didn't see any. Not a good look. Problems like this come from the top of the organization.