Complaint Review: Chime Bank

• Reported By: Mcorbin — ROY Utah USA
  • Chime Bank

Internet
    USA

I called in to talk about my options on money that was taken from my account. An amount of $257 was direct debited from my checking from tmobile. Tmobile has no record of receiving money, yet my account was debited that amount. I was on phone call after phone call with tmobile for 2 months until they finally told me too bad go to your bank and dispute it. I called chime bank and spoke with a Brain in dispute department and explained my case. He assured me that if the money is gone then I can dispute it and it's clear as day that I will get my money back. He sent me a form I filled it out and sent it in. Weeks later I call in to check on status of claim, only to be told it was never filed. They received my email but didn't file it and now it's too late. Of course I was not ok with that. They tell me next that they will see about putting the dispute into action but it has to be approved because it's past 60 days.( but it wasn't when I sent the email). Few days later I don't get a call back so I call in again they say they'll work on it and call me back. I receive an email saying nothing is wrong and my dispute is denied and it's final. I call in again. They tell me I may not speak to a supervisor or anyone else that can make a decision and hear my case. They just tell me sorry and to write a letter. The reason this is wrong is because I was told by a supervisor there that I can fight it, then he doesn't submit it. Then when they see it it's too late and I can't dispute it anymore. Also my story was not correctly passed on to claims department. I was not saying the transaction was not authorized. I was claiming money was taken without credit and chime told me they'd help me prove that to tmobile.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2017 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chime-bank/internet/chime-bank-denied-to-help-dispute-stolen-money-internet-1408570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Looks like they heard me.

AUTHOR: - ()

Chime has adding a credit of $257. They admitted to their mistake.

Very long story

AUTHOR: - ()

How? Is right. How even though i have the proof, can no one help me. I am not denying trying to pay my tmobile bill. I tried to work it out with tmobile. I have my bank statement and transaction number that my money was direct debited by tmobile which means I gave them permission, but tmobile denies ever receiving the money. They can't find it. That went on for 2 months of talking to people about getting a refund or credit on T-Mobile account. But after attempt after attempt they could not find the money and a supervisor told me they can not refund money that was not taken.

Even though I have records to prove it was taken. Even though I sent in my bank statement. They told me dispute it with my bank but that's all I can do. So that's exactly what I did. I call the bank, ask them if there is any possibility that my money got lost between transaction. They said they have no access to my money and a direct debit is tmobile directly reaching in and taking my money and that is supposed to be a safer way of paying because the bank will have your back if something goes wrong. Except they don't. The supervisor I first spoke with heard me out and thought that it is crazy they can't have records of my money. That it's the only place it could have gone.

He confirmed the money was debited from my account. So he assured me the dispute would be filed and they will get a hold of tmobile and get the matter solved. Now that the claim is denied and final all I can do is file a rebuttal, which I have done but they aren't getting back with me nor can the dispute department help me anymore. They told me claims is to handle it now and it's impossible to talk to someone there. So I am currently getting ready to sue T-Mobile in small claims.

How?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

It doesn't seem like you are deying that you made the transaction.  So how did the payment get initiated.  Did you go to the T-Mobile Site/Store and make a payment, or did  you go to the Chime site and tell them to send it to T-Mobile?

Did you ever get any proof of the transaction in the form of a receipt or confirmation number?  If so the appropriate company should be able to trace the transaction using that number.