Choice Business Services aka CBS aka My Choice Business Services
520-455-3710: Telephone Number on Caller ID
520-423-5388: Telephone Number given as "Office Number"
888-807-7740: Telephone Number given as "Customer Service"
Phoenix, AZ: the city/state I was told their call center is located
Elgin, AZ: the city/state shown on Caller ID (near Tucson, AZ and in Tucson area code)
Cheyenne, WY: the city/state the website lists as "contact" location
Telemarketer Names Given: Aaron Anderson, Pierre Peters and Tyler Mason
firstname.lastname@example.org: the only email address given despite repeated requests ("Pierre" advised he had to use a gmail address to get email on his smartphone).
This is a fast-talking group of telemarketers trying to get anywhere from $195 to $495 for you to obtain an "Affiliate ID" number that will allow you to sell their credit card processing services. They claim to be in business since 1986, but that could not be verified after extensive research.
An assortment of telemarketing pressure tactics and promises were used to have me pay money on the spot, through a credit card. This includes being passed to 3 different person within 45 minutes. The first qualified, the second used information spiels and a buddy/buddy approach The third used intimidation tactics.
What they want you to do:
1) Pay money to become an "Affiliate ID" holder ($195 - $495)
2) As an "Affiliate ID" holder you can market their credit card processing services to businesses.
3) Provide them with Names and telephone numbers for small/medium size businesses
4) They will call the businesses and sell them services
What they claim they will do for you:
1) Train you and give you a business coach
2) Set you up with a corporate website login
3) Provide you with a website
4) "Put you on the payroll" (but you will be a 1099 contractor)
5) Pay $500 for every credit card process machine installed, plus 1% ongoing residuals
6) Make you an exclusive agent within a 75 mile radius of your zip code
At first this sounded pretty good (perhaps because I wanted it to), but in short order I realized this was a scam to get my money and credit card information.
I did a fast search while I was on the phone with them and noticed a number of references to a company called "Economic Freedom Corp". There were some very negative reports on EFC and that they closed their doors and became My Choice Business Services aka Choice Business Services aka CBS. The last person I spoke with (Tyler Mason) denied any affiliation, but quickly became indignant after I mentioned this and said "thanks for wasting my time".
I suggest steering clear of this company. Their idiotic claims and references to give themselves credibility can't be justified, but they expect you to buy their lines and give them your money. It's my guess that all your buying is heartache and hot air.