Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

1090 King Georges Post Rd
    Edison, New Jersey
    USA

Choice Home Warranty Refused claim Edison New Jersey

Purchased 'Premium' [to cover everything appliance related essentially] to cover my household during changing of jobs and accepting less money against my wife's "better" [yes it appears it was better] judgment.

Almost a year goes by and I claim against a HVAC stand-alone unit for the bedroom.  They sent technician. He vouched for my claim but stated that; [paraphrase] "They [choice] owes him a years backpay for jobs he's went out on and still hasn't been paid"...but he does his diagnosis, call in to Choice within earshot of me..tells them the part # they need....I pay the deductible...he leaves and weeks goes by without anything.  I call the service tech and he says that after he left Choice refused the claim as it was a 'stand-alone' Heating and AC unit.

So I call Choice and they claimed they "tried to get ahold of me a couple times" but I didn't reply.  No coverage for unit.

My perception is they will find any excuse not to cover claims.

NOW...they keep calling and emailing me about renewing even though they screwed me.

I'm guessing you know my answer to that and I hope you learn from my mistakes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2017 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/choice-home-warranty/edison-new-jersey-08837/choice-home-warranty-refused-claim-edison-new-jersey-1393332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content