Complaint Review: Chris Lahr, Private Investigations

• Chris Lahr, Private Investigations
    381 Gardner Drive
    Fort Walton Beach, Florida
    USA

Chris Lahr, Private Investigations Thief, Liar, Cheat. Stay away. Fort Walton Beach Florida

Chris Lahr is a supposed Private Investigator in Fort Walton Beach, FL.  I was deployed to Baghdad, Iraq in March 2012 and needed a PI to investigare a pedophile.  He was recommended to my by a buddy deployed with me.  Lahr sent me a contract whereby he stated he would travel from Fort Walton Beach, FL where his office is, to Melbourne, FL where the pedophile lives.  He stated that he would surveil the pedophile, take video, and still photos.  He would discuss the case with Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF and / or DCS), and make daily telephone calls for updates as needed, and written weekly reports.

He charged me a $5,000 retainer.  He never left Fort Walton Beach. He never travelled to Tallahassee, FL (main DCS office), nor did he ever go to Melbourne, FL He performed NO surveillance services. [continued below]....

..... He performed NO investigations.  He did NOT contact DCS (I checked).  He made NO calls to me.  He did NOT email me. He did NOT aknowledge any of the 15 telephone called I placed from Iraq. He did NOT refund my money after repeated requests. He did absolutely NOTHING, but steal my $5,000.  I wanted to hire an attorney, but the attorney said that if there were no assets in Lahr's name, I would just be throwing more money away.

Because of Lahr, a 4 year old girl was returned to a pedophile.  This never should have happened. STAY AWAY !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2013 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chris-lahr-private-investigations/fort-walton-beach-florida-32548/chris-lahr-private-investigations-thief-liar-cheat-stay-away-fort-walton-beach-flo-1057577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content