Complaint Review: CIC - CIC*CE Credit Report - freecreditreport.com

• Reported By: Franklin Tennessee
  • CIC - CIC*CE Credit Report - freecreditreport.com
    freecreditreport.com
    , California

CIC - CIC*CE Credit Report - freecreditreport.com RIPOFF unauthorized charges California

I got my credit card statement with a $9.95 charge from CIC*CE Credit Report. I tried calling the 800 number given and got a recording with no information but to call back later. I looked them up with google and found this website and all the complaints about this company.

I then called my credit card company (Citibank) and they walked me through a bunch of questions. When the rep looked it up, she said it was affiliated with freecreditreport.com, however I had never been to this website.

She offered to conference call them to dispute the charge. Since she got the same recording I did. I told her about this website and all the complaints. She automatically reversed the charge.

Luckily I caught this immediately, but this is the first I heard of being stung by these people without going to the freecreditreport website. I give kudos to Citibank for handling this promply on my behalf.

John
Franklin, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2007 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cic-cicce-credit-report-freecreditreportcom/california/cic-cicce-credit-report-freecreditreportcom-ripoff-unauthorized-charges-california-1032885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content