Complaint Review: CIC Credit Monitoring

• Reported By: Eagle River Alaska
  • CIC Credit Monitoring
    freecreditreport.com
    Internet

CIC Credit Monitoring Unauthorized charges to my credit card & can't get them to stop after several attempts Internet

I have been trying for months to resolve this issue and still can't seem to get anywhere. I always review my credit report at least once a year and have simply paid a flat rate. In 2007, I did the same but had read that anyone can get a free report once a year. Since the website indicated that it was generated by Experian, I felt it was reliable.

Since ordering the report in early 2007, I have had unauthorized monthly charges that have CCI Credit Monitoring in the transaction report. I have called the customer suport number several times and spoke to a real person once who assured me that I would not be charge again. Funny thing is, the charge of approx $10 was credited once and a new monthly charge of $11.95 has been applied from that point on. I have sent several emails, with read receipt. A read receipt was returned on the first email but never again.

I did contact my credit card company who said I would have to file a written report with documention of all my attempts to resolve the issue on my own and that it could take several months for the matter to be resolved and my money returned.

Has anyone had sucess at putting an end to these unauthorized charges?

Rhonda
Eagle River, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cic-credit-monitoring/internet/cic-credit-monitoring-unauthorized-charges-to-my-credit-card-cant-get-them-to-stop-afte-349473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content