Complaint Review: CIC*Triple Advantage - FreeCreditReport.com - Experian

• Reported By: Erie Pennsylvania
  • CIC*Triple Advantage - FreeCreditReport.com - Experian
    FreeCreditReport.com
    Internet

CIC*Triple Advantage - FreeCreditReport.com - Experian "Free Credit Reoprt" is a scam, you will be charged!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: It is clearly stated...

I signed up at FreeCreditReport.com to get a "FREE" credit report. I remember requesting the Free Report. I do not remember authorizing a monthly charge of $12.95!

Stay away from the web site! When I called to find out why I was being charged, I was given the same story as everyone else. "It is clearly stated that there will be a monthly fee if you do not cancel within 30 days." Clearly stated in some 19 pages of fine print!!

I documented the Date, Time, Name, Employee ID, and Reference number from the person I talked to at (877) 481-6825. "Paul" could only cancel the service and refund one month fee to me. If I want the rest of my money I have to write to:
Consumer Relations Group
Attn: Consumer Info
PO Box 19729
Irvine, CA 92623-9729
to request a refund of all my money!

Ellen
Erie, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2008 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cictriple-advantage-freecreditreportcom-experian/internet/cictriple-advantage-freecreditreportcom-experian-free-credit-reoprt-is-a-scam-yo-336218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

It is clearly stated...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""'It is clearly stated that there will be a monthly fee if you do not cancel within 30 days.' ""

Indeed it is on their website home page.

The only website to obtain your free annual credit report IAW the FCRA is

www.annualcreditreport.com.