Report: #209726

Circuit city.com
    , Illinois

Circuitcity ripoff False advertisement Illinois

*Author of original report: Circuitcity.com Ripoff/ False Advertisement

I decided to purchase a Sony vaio notebook PC from Circuitcity.com and did not recieve what I had purchased. The product recieved arrived in spanish from the software to the keyboard. Therefore I called them up as soon as possible and filed a complaint. All I wanted at the time was to get an English version of the product for they had commited a mistake. So I left the corporate manager a message giving him a full explanation of what had occured leaving him my email address, home phone number and cell.

He then managed to get a hold of me after I tried so hard. He said this is clearly what I had bought and I replied to him I purchased it in English and it arrived in spanish. All I wanted I told him was to get the product that was advertised to be recieved and it was not. It was not what I had ordered because it was all in comple spanish. He kept stating this was what i ordered but its not.

I then told him this is clearly false advertisement and i wanted the English Version I had ordered. But he said they didnt have anymore English versions and these were the only availible. After explaing to him I told him I wanted a refund but he said I was to be charged $ 200 restocking fee since the product purchased was for $1,721.46, 15% restocking fee. Or he said i could upgrade the product.

At this time all I want is my full money back and nothing more please help me out.

Raul
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2006 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cicuit-city/illinois/circuitcity-ripoff-false-advertisement-illinois-209726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Circuitcity.com Ripoff/ False Advertisement

AUTHOR: Raul - (U.S.A.)

I have not gotten help from anybody. I need to resolve this matter because Circuit city falsely advertised a product to get rid of a product they knew would be difficult to do so. At this point all I want is my full refund back. The corporate manager at circuit city who I spoke to and does not want to accept the mischief they have caused appears to be located in Illinois. His name is Donald Garner and work number is (804) 527-4000 extension 58-8446 & his email is Donald_Gardner@circuitcity.com