Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Circuit City
    Store #884 Morrow, GA 30260-3316
    Morrow, Georgia

Circuit City ripoff Morrow Georgia

I too have fallen for the great "rebate ripoff". I purchased an e-machine system from Circuit City on 5-30-2004 which included 3 rebates. I sent all three rebate info in the following day by certified mail. The alloted 8-week period went by. I checked their website for rebate info and was told that a check was cut on 7-6-2004, they were mailed on 7-12-2004, and I should receive the checks by 7-22-2004. I was discoraged by the 10 day mailing period but I was patient.

The 22nd came and went and I called the toll free number on the web site and was told not to call them back until 30 days after the 12th (the day the checks were supposedly mailed). Then they will do an inquiry and possibly reissue the checks. Sounded like a bunch of bull to me so today (7-24-2004), I decided to go to the store where I purchased the computer to see if they could be of assistance. I took all of my paperwork to include signed receipts of the certified mail and the Circuit printoff of the rebate info. The Computer Sales Manager told me to give the mail a couple more days and then check back with them.

I will keep you posted on this situation. Note when I purchased the computer I had reservations about the rebate, but the sales lady assured me that they were pretty decent about refunding their rebates. We'll see.

Lewis
30274, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2004 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/circuit-city/morrow-georgia-30260-3316/circuit-city-ripoff-morrow-georgia-100380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content