Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Reported By: Quincy Massachusetts
  • Circuit City
    www.circuitcity.com
    Nationwide

I had purchases HP laptop from circuit city during blackfriday sale in 2008 and have submitted completed rebate forms on time. Online status shows everything fine. I also received an email in Jan 09 that the checks have been printed (with amount and check number) but have never received any checks. I called numerouse times and was asked to wait. I was asked if i dont receive after 30 days, they will re-issue a new check. When i called after 30 days they said the system is not allowing them to do anything but suggesting to wait.

This is complete rip-off. Keep waiting until they run away with my money. This is bull-s**t. Please beware of circuit city.

Indianidol
Quincy, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/circuit-city/nationwide/circuit-city-rebates-not-processed-circuit-city-rebates-not-honored-boston-massachusetts-427874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Stop the presses, I received my checks

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Unbelievable, I received my checks in the mail today. I don't know if they are sending all of them out or if it was because I sent e-mails to several people that are in the company handling the bankruptcy settlement.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

You are never getting your money. If you haven't noticed, Circuit City no longer exists. All stores were closed for good by March 31st. Were you not paying attention? There is no contact information for anyone who can help you since no one works for them any more.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sorry Lauren

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Actually the rebate is not through the manufacturer, but is in fact through Circuit City. I received the confirmation e-mail from Curcuit City and spoke with their customer service department who confirmed again that the check was issued by them. I wish it was a manufacturer rebate, so I would be able to get some answers. Instead, my guess is Circuit City never sent the checks knowing that they could stall their customers until they shut down all the avenues in which we could contact them. At this point, I have searched and tried phone numbers and e-mail addressess, with no luck. If you know someone at Circuit City, who could explain all of this to me, I would be grateful if you could give me their information. However Lauren, again my guess is that you do not have any valid contact information for someone who could assist us.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You're WRONG

AUTHOR: Lauren - (U.S.A.)

That's funny because Circuit City had nothing to do with rebate forms! It was ALL the manufacturer. So, if you went to Best Buy and got that same rebate, the SAME thing would happen to you.