Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Circuit City
    2700 Martha Berry Hwy NE,
    Rome, Georgia

Circuit City EXTRA WARRANTY INSURANCE A RIPOFF Rome Georgia

I purchased a digital camera from them. They talked me into buying the extra insurance from them what they called an extra $50 warranty. What they told me that was for was that if anything happened to the camera withint a 3 year period (I think) that all I had to do was to bring it back to them and they would replace it free of charge. And then they told me that if I didn't get it from them that if something happened to it that I would have to send it to the manufacturer. I decided that it was alot of money for me so I should buy it. Well in about 6 months the camera didn't hold a charge. I took it back and they gave me a phone number to call and said that they would send me a box and I had to put the camera in that box and send it off. THat is the VERY reason I paid the extra $50 was so I didn't have to do all that sending off.

I think it is ashamed that they lie like that in order to sell that extra bit of insurance. I guess they are betting that nothing happens to it.

So if anyone out there ever goes to circuit city ...DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR INSURANCE. It is not worth it because you are going to have to send it off yourself anyway. THey lie to you to get you to purchase it. Don't fall for that scam like I did.

Melody
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2008 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/circuit-city/rome-georgia-30161/circuit-city-extra-warranty-insurance-a-ripoff-rome-georgia-304380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content