Complaint Review: Citibank

• Citibank
    399 Park Avenue, NY, NY 10048
    Sioux City, South Dakota
    United States of America

Citibank, Citibank Driver's Edge Platinum Select MasterCard They lied and said I cancelled my credit card after 22 years. I have perfect credit and pay all bills in full, on time. Sioux City, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Rights

*Author of original report: Apology from Citibank

I have been a loyal credit card customer with Citibank for 22 years. I pay all my bills in full and on time each month. My credit score has been excellent. However, I recently received a letter from Citibank in Sioux Falls, SD stating that I had closed my Citi Driver's Edge Platinum Select Credit Card when in fact, I did NOT close my account! When I tried to speak to a supervisor to straighten this out, I was repeatedly told that none were available. I was told they only had notes that I called and closed my account.

My credit card had been stolen twice in the past year. The last time, in December 2012, I called to confirm the fraudulent activity on my card. They cancelled my card and issued me a new one. They told me they were sending it overnight, but I still hadn't received it in 2 days. When I called to inquire about this, they said that due to the holidays and mail being slow, I wouldn't get my new card until Monday the 24th. I was away at the time, but when I got back a few days later, I activated the card over an automated phone system. A couple of weeks later, I got a letter from Citibank stating that I closed the account.

To date, I have received no cooperation or correspondence from Citibank in getting my credit card reinstated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/citibank/sioux-city-south-dakota-/citibank-citibank-drivers-edge-platinum-select-mastercard-they-lied-and-said-i-cancelled-993234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Rights

AUTHOR: yourrights - (United States of America)

Know your rights. You may file your complaint at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Apology from Citibank

AUTHOR: Amy - (United States of America)

I received an apology from Citibank last week about my credit card account which was closed without my permission. They stated that they made an error and have reopened my account.