Complaint Review: City Club

• City Club
    North Front Street Market
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    USA

This ticket was issued at the azalea festival . I had a handicapped hanger in my car.

I had to pick up my elderly mother that was unable to walk back to the parking deck where I was origanally parked.

She sat in the Belk lounge area at the festival awaiting me to get her. I feel this was given out of lack of knhowledge,

Thanks you for your compassion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2015 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/city-club/wilmington-north-carolina-28402/city-club-matthew-300-left-handicapped-person-with-a-ticket-wilmington-north-carolina-1222175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

7Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

meme

AUTHOR: - ()

This ticket isnt going to be paid under these circumstances. The city is fully aware that I was told to park long enough to go get my 80 Yr old mother.

waiting a decision

AUTHOR: - ()

Who is the one who makes the decision. My attorney said I need to see what decision they have made.

Clarification..

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Let me make a clarification.  I should have stated that the "issuing" of the ticket was valid based on the circumstances.  It is up to the hearing or dispute process to determine if the ticket was actually a valid ticket or not.

This location, isn't to blame for the hang tag falling down.  There is also no discrimination because you wouldn't be allowed past a barricade.  In fact the discrimination would have come in IF they allowed you to, but then if someone else saw you do it and when they went to do it they were denied.

So I hope you come back and tell us what your attorney said and if you went to fight it what the outcome was.

ignoring my comments

AUTHOR: - ()

The placard was displayed on the mirror but due to way the new car has all the wiring on the mirror it apparently fell off.and was lying on the dash. I am fully aware that I cant park wherever with a handicapp but when I could not drive down to the area due to a barricaid. I was told to pull to the lot where I was parked by the police . The city had their meters covered so the public could freely park for azalea festival, and this parking lot wouldnt even let me park long enough to assist my 80 yr old mother to get back to the car. I had parked in the parking deck and paid $5.00 earlier so I didnt need your parking lot.

This seems to be taken way to far over .

The ticket was probably valid.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

First off I am well aware that the Hang Tag can be transfered from vehicle to vehicle...this is NOT your issue.

Based on the circumstances you mention with the following statement, the ticket was most likely valid.

I had a handicap hanger. It had fallen on the dash

In most cases the "hang tag" must be displayed properly to be valid, and that generally means on the Rear View Mirror with the identifying infromation facing out.   If it is not displayed properly the ticket is most likely valid, because the person is unable to verify if there is a valid permit.   Especially if in your case where the tag fell on the dash and even more of a case if the important information such as expiration date and ID number were NOT visible.  This could have also been compounded by them seeing you(who is not handicapped) parking and walking away from the vehicle.

You can not claim discrimination against the handicapped if the person writing the ticket had no idea that the person in the car needed special assistance or as far as they could tell did not have a valid permit.

You also did not mention where you were parked.  A handicapped tag does NOT give you authority to park anywhere you want.  For example you can not park in Fire Lanes, you can not block driveways.  Both of those are still parking violations.

So it's good you are handing this over to your attorney.  Just when you do be sure to make sure they know that the hang tag fell on the dash.  If they can get a statement from your mom stating the circumstances and she was really there your attorney may be able to fight the ticket and get it dismissed.

Oh and NO I do not now or have I ever worked for this company.   In fact I am in a totally different State several thousand miles away.

thanks

AUTHOR: - ()

tHANKS FOR THE APPROVAL...

ignoring my response

AUTHOR: - ()

I am going to hand this over to my attorney . Because dicrimanation to a handicapp person is not permitted. If I thought I was wrong I would not persue this. But my mother is very upset over it. So this is putting her threw a  lot mentally. If you are going to drop this I am sure it would be less costly.

ignoring handicapp indiviuals issue

AUTHOR: - ()

They cannot issue a handicap tag fo every person that has an occasional person riding with them. a hangtag only links to the permanent vehicle .I was told by the DMV that I could hang it when she  was in the vehicle. It seems as though you guys are all about the $$$. If not I am sure most people that get the ticket pay it because they know they are guilty.

ticket for handicapp

AUTHOR: - ()

I had a handicap hanger. It had fallen on the dash . I have the number . I do not have it tied with mine because she has it tied to my dads car. When she they go with  on the mirror.Here is the number 83418R. Have a heart ,what if it was your mom?

#10 General Comment

If...

AUTHOR: Tyg - (USA)

If YOU wish to be able to use a handiacapped spot with out fear of getting a ticket then YOU need to have your mothers doctor fill out the paperwork so YOU can have a LEGAL tag. EVERY handicapped placard is tied to a vehicle. This is to ensure people DO NOT take a handicapped relatives placard and use it illegaly because THEY are LAZY!!!!THAT is what THEY saw because when they run that tag its NOT showing up to YOUR vehicle.Its about DOING right NOT being right. While what YOU are doing is comendable, the reality is that YOU need a tag tied to YOUR plate if you wish to continue. YOU are right in SPIRIT just NOT by the law. Get your own tag and this will no longer be an issue.