• Report: #1037196
Complaint Review:

City Grid Media

  • Submitted: Fri, March 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

  • Reported By: J — Poway California
City Grid Media
Internet United States of America

City Grid Media City Search Fraud Charges , Internet

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

Total scam!!!!

We've only been in business for a few months. We have an online store as well as a small store front and are trying to get our name our there. 

We received a call from "Shane" at City Grid letting us know that they had a promotion going on- $100.00 off for 1 month on a pay per click campaign and we would benefit from it being a new business. He told us it would be $2.00 a click, which would be 150 connections to our site and phone calls to us, and the most we would ever pay is $200.00, that's it. We agreed and signed a one month term agreement by email. 

A week later we emailed "Shane" asking him how we keep track of the connections that we want to see what's going on and see if it's working...no response. Emailed him two more times and the contact email on City grids website-no response. 

During that 4 week period we only received about a dozen phone calls and a few orders on our website. We asked every one of those customers how they found us and 80% of them said Yelp and the other 20% said on Google. No one mentioned City Grid or City Search.

City Grid charged our account $200.00. We tried contacting "Shane" he still wouldn't respond. We filed a dispute with our bank, cancelled our debit card and they reversed the charge. About a month later they charged our account again -this time for $500.00

We contacted our bank and they told us they can keep debiting our account every month and the only way for them to stop is to close our checking account. We filed another dispute and had a conference call with the bank and City Grid. They told us we were in a 3 month contract, they do not have 1 month terms and that they don't know anyone by the name of Shane. We told them that the contract we signed stated a one month term, they told us they have a different contract and they would email it to us along with a cancellation of our contract to appease the bank.

We never received either one of those emails from City grid and our ad is still listed. We have tried calling them to cancel and they forward us to someone's voice mail, which of course, no one calls us back. 

Now we are dreadfully awaiting the nasty collection calls for a service we did not receive....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/city-grid-media/internet/city-grid-media-city-search-fraud-charges-internet-1037196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Grid Media

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?